Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Gonna start this thread out with a bang, Illuminights during its earliest years really wasn't that bad. The shows while cheesy fit the hamlets they were in, which is becoming exceedingly rare, and the parade in France was the only parade in the park's history. Something about the custom soundtrack and the emphasis on LED lighting made the park feel alive at night and combining them with the fireworks always incentivized staying until close. While the event in its later years is something I would like to forget, none of the other summer events in recent years have even held a candle to Illuminights in its original form.

What is your hottest take about BGW?

Gonna start this thread out with a bang, Illuminights during its earliest years really wasn't that bad. The shows while cheesy fit the hamlets they were in, which is becoming exceedingly rare, and the parade in France was the only parade in the park's history. Something about the custom soundtrack and the emphasis on LED lighting made the park feel alive at night and combining them with the fireworks always incentivized staying until close. While the event in its later years is something I would like to forget, none of the other summer events in recent years have even held a candle to Illuminights in its original form.

FYI illuminights only ran for 4 years from 2010-2013 I thought it was a great idea with mediocre execution that never improved.

The song they played throughout the park after the fireworks, "Goodnight from the Garden of Light," was beautiful. Makes me nostalgic in a way, remembering those summer nights walking to the exit after a day at the park.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Here's one: I always thought Battle for Eire was a bit better than Corkscrew Hill.
Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

The song they played throughout the park after the fireworks, "Goodnight from the Garden of Light," was beautiful. Makes me nostalgic in a way, remembering those summer nights walking to the exit after a day at the park.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

I loved that song. Brings me back to my first season, walking over the italy-oktoberfest bridge after clocking out on a hot July day.

I have no clue how spicy this is so maybe I’m not actually voicing an unpopular opinion, but to me Alpengeist is the ride at BGW that’s best integrated into its surroundings. It uses the space it has very well and adds cool kinetics and visuals to both riders and non-riders alike

My BGW hot take is that BGW fans suck at hot takes. I was hoping for WAY spicer opinions. 😋

I have no clue how spicy this is so maybe I’m not actually voicing an unpopular opinion, but to me Alpengeist is the ride at BGW that’s best integrated into its surroundings. It uses the space it has very well and adds cool kinetics and visuals to both riders and non-riders alike

I hope this is a super mainstream idea. I certainly echo it.

My hot take: the open-air laser light show thing was a good time, especially if you grabbed a bottle of wine across the way and emptied it during the show with a friend or loved one. Completely innocuous entertainment, not trying to take itself too seriously. No live action actors insisting that ONLY YOU can help them defeat the evil whoever or recover the priceless whatever by doing some stupid thing while sitting there idly on your ass. Just music and harmless spectacle. And bubbles, which wouldn't contaminate the wine if you drank it fast enough.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad