Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
SeaWorld isn't the only Orlando park downscaling their entertainment investment in the wake of severe financial difficulties. In a major overhaul, Orlando's Holy Land Experience will end all theatrical productions.

Sidenote: This article also opened my eyes to the incredible masterpiece that is The Holy Land Experience's miniature golf course, Trin-I-Tee, where you can apparently shoot a golf ball at Goliath's head. Also mentioned in the article about the park's ongoing struggles was this amazing story about how The Holy Land Experience illegally painted a highway overpass to turn it into a photo op for the park.

Last edited:

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Isn't making money in God's service supposed to be wrong? Unless this is free, I feel like it goes against what the Bible says. And these are the people who should care more than anyone.

This is what has ALWAYS bothered me about the Holy Land Experience. The church I grew up in would consider a lot of what goes on there as being downright blasphemous. Dressing a dude up like Jesus and crucifying him a few times a day just seems to trivialize what is supposed to be a really solemn and serious matter. It’s like some gross, distorted roadside tourist trap version of Christianity that really sits poorly with me.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
someone has to take the bullet and go and get us a trip report.

not me... I may not be able to keep my mouth shut and could get burned at the stake or something.

Reactions: Alf33
Aug 23, 2017
This is what has ALWAYS bothered me about the Holy Land Experience. The church I grew up in would consider a lot of what goes on there as being downright blasphemous. Dressing a dude up like Jesus and crucifying him a few times a day just seems to trivialize what is supposed to be a really solemn and serious matter. It’s like some gross, distorted roadside tourist trap version of Christianity that really sits poorly with me.
Ember Island Jesus

Sep 7, 2018
Well... after thinking about it, I guess there is nothing that explicitly says you shouldn't. In fact 1 Corinthians 9:14 says " they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel".

So maybe it is pro-exploitation. I really don't know either way. All I know is Jesus preached love, but my childhood church told me I was going to hell because I felt like I should have been born a girl. I realize it's two different examples but I feel like places like this really don't get the message.

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Apr 22, 2019
Well... after thinking about it, I guess there is nothing that explicitly says you shouldn't. In fact 1 Corinthians 9:14 says " they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel".

So maybe it is pro-exploitation. I really don't know either way. All I know is Jesus preached love, but my childhood church told me I was going to hell because I felt like I should have been born a girl. I realize it's two different examples but I feel like places like this really don't get the message.

Jesus loved the poor, preached for them, and chose to live as a pauper. I think that makes it fairly clear. There's even some bible quote about a camel going through the eye of a needle being more likely than a rich man getting into heaven. I don't remember the specifics. I'm not actually a religious person at all, so your mileage may vary.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad