Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
pandorazboxx said:
I too have also complained of neck and back pain on this rough ride, but I've never made it into the news.

People get stuck on roller coasters all the time. It's just a fact of (rollercoaster) life.

Clearly you missed an opportunity for your 15 minutes!

I really don't like how widely reported these incidents are. It makes parks look unnecessarily bad when they did nothing wrong. Obviously, this is a terrible situation to find yourself in, but unless Universal was in any way negligible with their handling of anyone's safety or ability to evacuate, which does not appear to be the case, then nobody should be demanding too much from the park. I agree with pandorazboxx, getting stuck is a known potential hazard whenever you ride a roller coaster. I've had to help guests quickly evacuate from difficult downtime situations, and people who complained excessively were quite agitating and only slowed the process down. The important thing is that everyone is safe.

"...the ride system did exactly what it was supposed to do..." says Universal spokesman.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/10/10/universal_roller_coaster_stuck.html?cid=rss

The rest of article is really just "we don't discuss specifics" in regards to what exactly happened and if the guests were given any form of compensation.

Since I posted this, let me be clear about my intent.

I do not think this is a big deal. I do find it interesting that CNN chose to make it a headline. Given how often coasters get stuck, it struck me as odd.

I have to say that I would have been completely freaked out, if I had to wait for 2.5 hours to be rescued, however. Perhaps that is why it is deemed "news," since today is clearly NOT a slow news day.

I wonder if they could listen to music, while they waited?

Nic said:

I do not think this is a big deal. I do find it interesting that CNN chose to make it a headline. Given how often coasters get stuck, it struck me as odd.

I have to say that I would have been completely freaked out, if I had to wait for 2.5 hours to be rescued, however. Perhaps that is why it is deemed "news," since today is clearly NOT a slow news day.

I wonder if they could listen to music, while they waited?

CNN made it a headline because all the major news outlets in all the major Florida cities made a big deal (out of nothing) first. They then sent it over to their national affiliates and it started trending over every media outlet. It was such a waste of broadcast time!

Reactions: Nicole
Nic said:

I just want to make sure that my intended message is clear. I have no problem with this story being posted or discussed on this forum; my issue is the fact that this is a CNN headline. I get that 2.5 hours is a long time to be stuck on a ride, but it was just the result of a safety measure appropriately working. If an employee had hit an E-stop for no reason that caused it, you might have a story, but I think that only in really unusual circumstances, like if riders are stuck upside-down, should a major national news source report these kinds of stories.

The Ministry tracks show promise. Other than that, I am still saddened at the lack music I tend to prefer. Unagi knows what I mean, I'd wager. NIN wouldn't be amiss on HRRR.

Nicole said:
The Ministry tracks show promise.  Other than that, I am still saddened at the lack music I tend to prefer.  Unagi knows what I mean, I'd wager.  NIN wouldn't be amiss on HRRR.

Yeah I don't care for those Ministry tracks but I'd probably listen to them on the ride along with that Jane's Addiction song. I like Ministry during their industrial era (The Twitch Album), not so much their newer stuff though I can tolerate it. The music selection on HRRR is crap.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad