Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Source
Orlando United said:
[...]The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster has had issues since day 1. While the main issues were all programming related in the beginning, one issue slowly began to take form under the trains chassis. The trains wheels were wearing down much to fast and lead to a rather rough ride on several of the trains. For those who may not know it was due to the extreme torque of the circuit most notably the non inverting loop. Well a few months ago I reported that a new company won a bid and was set to begin train refurbishments starting in the Summer and going through the fall. Well I am happy to announce that the first train with a completely new chassis structure is in the bays and will soon begin to give riders a new smooth ride. The feedback so far from those lucky enough to ride it after hours say its an overwhelming positive change. The next train is now going under the knife and the entire fleet overhaul should take another 45-60 days. Oh and Rockit fans, not only are you getting a more comfortable ride but your also getting some new tunes as well.

RE: Rip Ride Rockit

Any mention of which company is refurbishing the trains?

You mean it's not going to feel like i'm vibrating all to hell and I'm not going to get off the ride with a migraine? sounds good to me! That was one of the roughest steel coasters I've ridden.

Reactions: Julia and Zachary

I regretted riding the thing just seconds after the first drop. So much pain.

No, I'm with you, Ben. It's a blast! I didn't notice it being any rougher than, say, Alpengeist, when I rode it, but that was nearly a year ago. 20 rides in 3 days? Wow...the wait when I was there was always extremely long. It does have horrible capacity, after all.

I love it too Ben, I just hate how rough it is and how it's down all the time.

"come and check on my tuuuuube!"

Ben said:
Joe1: express pass ;)
Ah, man... RRR wasn't part of the Universal Express system when I visited (nor was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA). Lucky you. ;)

I do hope the trains help. Florida sun is not nice to coasters (or, in this case, their riders!)

J0E1 said:
Ben said:
Joe1: express pass ;)
Ah, man... RRR wasn't part of the Universal Express system when I visited (nor was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA). Lucky you. ;)

I do hope the trains help. Florida sun is not nice to coasters (or, in this case, their riders!)

It was added only days before my trip! As for FJ, I just used the single rider line, standby line was 90 min, I got on in 15 min.

I'm the only one in my family that enjoys RRR.
Everyone else either walks away with a sore neck or headache.
Although I love it, I myself can only ride it about 3 times before I start feeling a headache come along. Maybe it's because the head rest is so wide open for the speakers so you are holding your neck stiff the whole time to keep your head up straight.
If they would have made the seats with speakers like Rockin' Roller Coaster maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal.
But we do love watching the video at the end of the ride of our experience. You see people praying or singing along all the while looking like you're being electrocuted. haha!! :D :D

Wow I can't believe I missed this thread.

The guy who made that post on OU didn't give the entire story. Programming and chassis issues don't even begin to describe the feelings when you walk through the park and see the concrete footers cracking and crumbling due to the ride. It doesn't even describe the feeling when you hear news about the coupling between two cars almost fail during the middle of everyday operations.

This ride is one gigantic, utter pile of crap. It's insulting that Universal still has this and that they're trying to improve it. It's been five years, give up.

Reactions: Parkgoer

I didn't think it was too bad, we rode it 3 times one day back in February. I guess when I compare it to Fahrenheit at Hershey Park it couldn't be smoother. Also Fahrenheit moves waaayyy slower, Boo Blasters moves people through faster than that ride..

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck high above park

Y'all see this?

CNN Article

(CNN) -- When you're on a roller coaster, thrills and chills are to expected.

Standing still -- for hours, high above the Earth? Not so much.

But that's the experience riders on the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit got Wednesday night, when the Universal Orlando attraction stalled due to what park spokesman Tom Schroder called a technical glitch.

Most riders were able to be safely taken off but, more than two hours later, about 10 still remained. The Orlando Fire Department was called in to pluck off these stranded few about 2½ hours after the ordeal began.

One female rider was transported to the hospital complaining of neck and back pain, according to Schroder.

Asked whether this had happened before, Schroder said, "Yes, we've had similar incidents."

One female rider was transported to the hospital complaining of neck and back pain, according to Schroder.

Asked whether this had happened before, Schroder said, "Yes, we've had similar incidents."

I too have also complained of neck and back pain on this rough ride, but I've never made it into the news.

People get stuck on roller coasters all the time. It's just a fact of (rollercoaster) life.

Reactions: Franco and Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad