Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I thought given that we are coming up on a new year it might be interesting to have people talk about some of the smaller often overlooked parks and events around the country that all worthy of a visit.

Reactions: Mushroom
Dec 11, 2019
This is a cool idea. For the first park i thought we could spotlight a little place called cedar point. I’d never heard of it before today but a quick google search shows they have some rideable that look decent for a small park

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
One of the most surprisingly lovely little parks I’ve ever visited was Castles ‘N’ Coasters near Phoenix, AZ. It’s not a particularly large park, but it has two of the only Hopkins coasters in the world (including an unexpectedly fun looper), a decent collection of flats, and a fantastically themed and landscaped mini golf course. But what really struck me was the theming of the place. The park is filled with beautiful landscaping and architecture that give it a wonderful, mythical Arabian theme. Fountains and statues abound, rides are tied to the theme (the log flume is even filled with well cared-for props that carry the theme), and the whole park was just brimming with charm.

It’s definitely not a park I’d travel just to visit, but if you’re in that part of the country, it’s a delightful little park that few people know about.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad