Event HHN 28 Review: Back to the 80s

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Two nights of HHN down, time for my thoughts.

Mazes ranked from worst to first
Blumhouse of Horrors (2.5/5) - Better than last year's but that's not really saying much. Time to replace this maze with something else.
Dead Exposure - Patient Zero (2.5/5) - Its kinda hard to see anything when there's constant strobes going off in your face, not to mention the sets don't look as elaborate as the other originals.
Halloween 4 (2.5/5) - I'm kinda desensitized to seeing Michael Myers come to HHN. Time to give another horror icon a chance to shine.
Seeds of Extinction (3.5/5) - I love the set pieces in this maze but the costumes leave a lot to be desired. The look a tad cheap. Love the water effects.
Trick r' Treat (4.5/5) - This maze is adorable. Nuff said
Stranger Things (4.5/5) - I love the set pieces here, but there's a lack of actors and the scares are a bit on the weaker side. Also not a lot of Eleven to be seen here.
Poltergeist (4.5/5) - First half is all about the fantastic set pieces. The second half is all about the animatronics. I wish we got Hollywood's facade but it flows better this way I guess.
Slaughter Sinema (5/5) - As a fan of classic bad 70s cult horror, this maze is excellent. This is how an anthology maze should be done.
Carnival Graveyard (5/5) - If you love gimmicky HHN mazes, this one is for you. Not as many actors but the set pieces and gimmicks completely make up for that.
Scary Tales (5/5) - Not really as intense as Carnival but I feel this balances out gimmicks and actors perfectly.

Scare zones
The Harvest - I was hoping this would be the main photo op scare zone. Still not the worst I've seen. Just wish the costumes were a bit better than walking haystacks
Chucky - Didn't really find this to be scary but Chucky puts on a hilarious show.
Vamp 85 - When are people gonna realize vampires aren't scary. I dig the music and the show but I wish the park went with something different
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - The scare zone is too small to be effective. Stick it somewhere where the actors don't have to breathe down each other's necks.
Twisted Traditions - I feel Uni's best scare zones will be placed here from now on

Some observations
- Lots of John Carpenter music playing all over the park. Now please ditch Halloween and give him an anthology maze
- Glad to see the park putting more emphasis on original concepts. Those are always among the best mazes they tend to do
- Crowds were fantastic Wednesday. Saturday was manageable but still packed. If you only have a night, go on a weeknight.
- Ride lines are perfect at the height of the event. Walk ons for everything including Gringotts

Login or Register to Hide This Ad