Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Honestly I would have a hard time seeing where one would fit.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
They own all the land west of Candymonium. They can get on in there easily.

I know at this point @b.mac knows much more of the inner goings on, but I heard (at least pre-pandemic) that Chocolatetown was a multistage plan. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not.

The talk was it being a multi-stage plan but I legitimately have no idea if it's going to be an immediate follow up or Hershey is gonna look at freshening up another area of the park ala Chocoburg before doing stage 2.

What I was originally told was that there were plans for some more flat rides and maybe some other odds and ends but nothing more than that and then it's just been silence.

Mar 16, 2016
The talk was it being a multi-stage plan but I legitimately have no idea if it's going to be an immediate follow up or Hershey is gonna look at freshening up another area of the park ala Chocoburg before doing stage 2.

What I was originally told was that there were plans for some more flat rides and maybe some other odds and ends but nothing more than that and then it's just been silence.
Very similar to what I heard too. Good to know our sources are saying similar thing. Sounds like some big things are in a holding pattern though.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
They own all the land west of Candymonium. They can get on in there easily.

I know at this point @b.mac knows much more of the inner goings on, but I heard (at least pre-pandemic) that Chocolatetown was a multistage plan. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not.
Oh that's good it's setup definitely gives a more land locked feel to a first timer then I thought.

Nov 30, 2018
Oh that's good it's setup definitely gives a more land locked feel to a first timer then I thought.
Well it is land locked in some problematic spots, most notably around the water park.

Expanding west is fine, but it will make the park quite lengthy from end to end if it remains a single park.

Reactions: Coasternerd

paintervision

Coasters: 558 🎢
Nov 8, 2022
Sounds like Flying Falcon was sold to Gene Staples/Niagra Amusement Park from this video (timestamp 7:44):

Flying Falcon has been a long-standing rumor for return to Hersheypark, despite the costly repairs the ride required (plus low ridership and inability to operate for the Christmas event). Just wanted to note that here.... it was in storage, but is now sold.

Jan 22, 2018
I thought they had talked of expanding the monorail.🤷‍♂️ Of course; I had heard that pre-pandemic, so likely things have changed.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad