Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Honestly I would have a hard time seeing where one would fit.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
They own all the land west of Candymonium. They can get on in there easily.

I know at this point @b.mac knows much more of the inner goings on, but I heard (at least pre-pandemic) that Chocolatetown was a multistage plan. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not.

The talk was it being a multi-stage plan but I legitimately have no idea if it's going to be an immediate follow up or Hershey is gonna look at freshening up another area of the park ala Chocoburg before doing stage 2.

What I was originally told was that there were plans for some more flat rides and maybe some other odds and ends but nothing more than that and then it's just been silence.

Mar 16, 2016
The talk was it being a multi-stage plan but I legitimately have no idea if it's going to be an immediate follow up or Hershey is gonna look at freshening up another area of the park ala Chocoburg before doing stage 2.

What I was originally told was that there were plans for some more flat rides and maybe some other odds and ends but nothing more than that and then it's just been silence.
Very similar to what I heard too. Good to know our sources are saying similar thing. Sounds like some big things are in a holding pattern though.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
They own all the land west of Candymonium. They can get on in there easily.

I know at this point @b.mac knows much more of the inner goings on, but I heard (at least pre-pandemic) that Chocolatetown was a multistage plan. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not.
Oh that's good it's setup definitely gives a more land locked feel to a first timer then I thought.

Nov 30, 2018
Oh that's good it's setup definitely gives a more land locked feel to a first timer then I thought.
Well it is land locked in some problematic spots, most notably around the water park.

Expanding west is fine, but it will make the park quite lengthy from end to end if it remains a single park.

Reactions: Coasternerd

paintervision

Coasters: 558 🎢
Nov 8, 2022
Sounds like Flying Falcon was sold to Gene Staples/Niagra Amusement Park from this video (timestamp 7:44):

Flying Falcon has been a long-standing rumor for return to Hersheypark, despite the costly repairs the ride required (plus low ridership and inability to operate for the Christmas event). Just wanted to note that here.... it was in storage, but is now sold.

Jan 22, 2018
I thought they had talked of expanding the monorail.🤷‍♂️ Of course; I had heard that pre-pandemic, so likely things have changed.

paintervision

Nov 8, 2022
I thought they had talked of expanding the monorail.🤷‍♂️ Of course; I had heard that pre-pandemic, so likely things have changed.
In 2017, it was actually shortened the Monorail to remove the station off Chocolate Avenue. They do still have the old Metro cars from SFMM sitting off-site at the Hershey Laundry facility (see: Monorail | Hersheypark - The Amusement Parkives). They did also add some new I-beams to support the track near Trailblazer this year. I'm not confident that expansion is going to happen.

Reactions: warfelg

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Late to the party on this one but:
1670526383615.png

This is the politically correct story of events for why Hersheypark now has only 2 operating Monorail trains.

There's been rumors for quite a while about an update to Monorail to modernize it but every single year nothing happens. At a certain point I think it's just the regurgitated story that made some rounds back in 2011 when they bought the trains from Six Flags Magic Mountain and they had "plans" to expand the Monorail with a stop through the Boardwalk and apparently outside of the park somewhere as well.

paintervision

Nov 8, 2022
Monorail expansion always sounded like wishful thinking. The core problem is that The Boardwalk is a hike to get in and out of, especially if you want to go out to the parking lot to ditch your swim gear in your vehicle. Still have to walk all the way around the Hersheypark Arena, through crowded pathways.

I don't think Monorail expansion would help the situation much, unless a station is added out by Chocolatetown/Chocolate World. But then Guests would also be skipping the walk past midway games, shops, food stands, etc. No real motivation to make things easier.

Reactions: b.mac
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad