Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Since the park is slacking on releasing an official POV, here's a crappy backseat one that'll do for now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Oof. Crappy is right. Felt like half the time the camera was pointed up... or at least not where the train was going.

It's pretty on par with the days people used camera phones to record POVs
I figured it was a pair of "spy" sunglasses. Someone with a phone would probably be more focused on holding the camera whereas someone with camera glasses may forget they are recording and start looking all over the place.

Reactions: Griffbolten
If anyone gets an early ride I would be curious to know if it looks like the restraints are tighter then othe RMCs as tighter fitting restraints seem to be a thing a Hershey

I will certainly be finding out today. I assume the sensors would be the same as other RMCs (hilariously inconsistent) the concern as always with Hershey will be the belt.

Alright. The seatbelt is not an issue. It’s pretty long honestly. Lap bars not much different from Timbers.

Mini Review: it’s very very good. I like it a lot. Skyrush BARELY beats it for me due to uniqueness. I’ve also been on 11 RMCs now. It does remind me a lot of Gwazi. The only RMCs I’d place ahead of it are IG, AF1, and SV. For now based on my only ride in back car, it’s my 6th favorite of the 218 coasters I’ve done. The odd slow section in the middle gets suddenly NUTS when you shoot down it to hit that inversion after. The under flip wasn’t much different for me from other under flips I’ve done. The wave turns are really fun and have strong airtime. The pre lift surprisingly made me put my hands up. I look forward to riding again whenever I make the drive up again. For now, Skyrush laps.

Follow up after I rode Skyrush a solid 8 times the last two days and……..I lean Wildcats Revenge now. Skyrush is just slightly too brief to beat it out for me. Also this time I experienced “thighcrush” ow. That makes ArieForce Ones quad down feel like it’s giving you a leg massage. Part of me wants to hold off a detail review until I ride again. They were dispatching empty trains or trains with 1-6 people and being very strict about the “one ride” rule on Wednesday.

I came in with high expectations and came away let down.

The first half is really good -- and to me qualifies it as the best coaster at Hershey -- but the second half feels too much like copy-and-paste RMC, and not as exciting as Iron Gwazi or AF1, both of which I've ridden in the last six weeks.. To my surprise, I had more of the "gut punch" RMC airtime in the front than the back, which felt more comfortable. There's one uncomfortable jolt to the left as the train crosses over the brake run that vloggers described it as "good laterals."

Hersheypark deserves a coaster that's in the conversation for being the best in the country. This is just a typically good RMC, not even an outstanding one.

I came in with high expectations and came away let down.

The first half is really good -- and to me qualifies it as the best coaster at Hershey -- but the second half feels too much like copy-and-paste RMC, and not as exciting as Iron Gwazi or AF1, both of which I've ridden in the last six weeks.. To my surprise, I had more of the "gut punch" RMC airtime in the front than the back, which felt more comfortable. There's one uncomfortable jolt to the left as the train crosses over the brake run that vloggers described it as "good laterals."

Hersheypark deserves a coaster that's in the conversation for being the best in the country. This is just a typically good RMC, not even an outstanding one.
I'd rank it as my 4th favorite RMC. I feel like in terms of flaws, it needs a large outward bank airtime hill. That knocks it below Gwazi, AF1, and SV for me. The pacing is very good. I tempered my expectations based on the layout animation and it exceeded those after the adjustment. Basically I would say expectations should be "Upper half RMC" some folks may like it a lot, I have a very hard time seeing it beat out Gwazi for a lot of people. A guest at the park told me "Gwazi doesn't have the underflip!" to which I'm like................It has the death roll. I didn't particularly think the underflip was any different from the other underflip maneuvers I've experienced on Twisted Cyclone or Steel Vengeance. I do appreciate that it has 2 wave turns. I do like those.

Basically I would say expectations should be "Upper half RMC" some folks may like it a lot, I have a very hard time seeing it beat out Gwazi for a lot of people. A guest at the park told me "Gwazi doesn't have the underflip!" to which I'm like................It has the death roll. I didn't particularly think the underflip was any different from the other underflip maneuvers I've experienced on Twisted Cyclone or Steel Vengeance. I do appreciate that it has 2 wave turns. I do like those.

Yeah that's all a fair take. I gave it a "B" grade and I've had to block people on Twitter for reacting to that with weird personal insults. Something about having anything but glowing opinions on a new RMC just gets the thoosies all in a rage.

I think I see RMC bunny hops. Thought those wouldn't be there. Maybe they're not as bad as on Twisted Timbers?

I would not describe this ride as a ride known for bunny hops like Timbers. Much more "Gwazi-like" on that end where it just powers through various maneuvers. There's the odd airtime hill in there here and there but no "barrages of airtime" like Timbers, SV, or AF1.

I mean regardless it's my 4th or 5th favorite roller coaster I've ridden of 218. It's certainly a great ride. If you haven't ridden something like Iron Gwazi, SV, AF1, or VelociCoaster I can see why you would absolutely go bonkers over it. It's a very well refined well crafted roller coaster. I've just been on 11 RMCs and it's my 4th favorite and is still in my Top 5 coasters ever. "4th favorite" doesn't mean it's mediocre, average, or bad. I've been on 218 roller coasters if it's in my Top 5 it's a damn good ride in my opinion at least and most average people who don't follow every detail of the coaster world are going to go NUTS over this thing.

I think I see RMC bunny hops. Thought those wouldn't be there. Maybe they're not as bad as on Twisted Timbers?

Definitely not as bad. There was only some of the RMC "gut punch" airtime on my rides during the media preview, and nothing on the level of Twisted Timbers or what I'm calling the "Finale of Devastation" on Arie Force One.

And great point from @CoasterAuditor. RMCs are almost always among the top 2 rides in their respective parks, so when I say it's my 6th favorite out of 10, that only reflects the overall strength of the company's creations. But thoosies get out the pitchforks over anything less than glowing for RMC.

Personally, I want to see the company try something more radical next time. Parts of these designs are feeling stale.

I have only ridden Twisted Timbers and Lightning Rod (1st year). And watched videos of pretty much all of them I think. They all look kinda similar to me. Of those two I liked Lightning Rod a lot more, but I only got to ride it once. It was down all day and we were about to leave when it opened. So we stayed a bit long and got to ride it. I'm glad I got to ride it year 1, even if only once. It was fantastic.

They look similar but I will say the size and sequence of elements, as well as the pacing you take the elements impact how much you enjoy the rides. Iron Gwazi just has a great combination of elements that it just takes a blistering pace. I love AF1 because it just maintains a ton of speed throughout all of it's NUTS elements. Timbers has been falling for me a bit as I ride more of the larger ones.

Reactions: Unagi
Got to ride this and had a few random thoughts:
  • Definitely an intense and good ride, though not the most intense in the park.
  • It feels a little unrefined and janky with some of the random airtime hills and maneuvers that don’t really add anything to the ride.
  • The dual station helps immensely and really shows how that was missed on Candymonium for such a big park.
  • Doesn‘t pay homage at all to the prior Wildcat layout outside of reusing some footers and structure. If they had simply burned Wildcat to the ground and built this, I wouldn’t have known the difference.
Oddly I would probably rank this in the park similarly to where I had the old Wildcat, though this would rank better if both existed.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad