Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 22, 2019
So... how were we not ready for this layout? I'm sure it will be fun as long as (for me) it is not painful most of the time. Also I dislike the sped up video.

Reactions: mikes and warfelg
Nov 30, 2018
I think this ride looks good and will provide a nice thrill at the 48” level.

The big thing I can’t understand is why convert Wildcat to build this instead of just doing a ground up version near the park entrance. Looking at the layout there doesnt seem like a major financial savings from re-using Wildcat, whereas something like Twisted Timbers or Steel Vengeance really reused the existing ride. HP is so busy that having more ride capacity is generally going to be a net positive just to handle the crowds and it‘s hard to see where the savings of doing a conversion really is a good idea for a park that big and busy.

Jun 13, 2011
I think this ride looks good and will provide a nice thrill at the 48” level.

The big thing I can’t understand is why convert Wildcat to build this instead of just doing a ground up version near the park entrance. Looking at the layout there doesnt seem like a major financial savings from re-using Wildcat, whereas something like Twisted Timbers or Steel Vengeance really reused the existing ride. HP is so busy that having more ride capacity is generally going to be a net positive just to handle the crowds and it‘s hard to see where the savings of doing a conversion really is a good idea for a park that big and busy.
Looks like a lot of savings to me by following the structure and footers. They can save a LOT of money by reusing the foundation structure.

Image from reddit comment here-

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Guessing Hersheypark got so many complaints about Candimonium's station and loading process that they decided to completely separate load and unload for Wildcat's Revenge.

1) Ride looks really good, it would definitely be a fun ride to complement Hershey's lineup
2) Even with separate load and unload, 3 train ops is going to be too much for this ride
3) Hersheypark solving their staffing issues by building a ride that requires even more staffing than its predecessor is some *BIG* brain methamaticks

Mar 21, 2016
Having it close to the entrance would mean it would be included in the early entry and I personally like having it in its current location since that gives people a chance to get distracted with other rides closer to park opening.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Nov 30, 2018
Looks like a lot of savings to me by following the structure and footers. They can save a LOT of money by reusing the foundation structure.

Image from reddit comment here-

A lot of this layout is not following the existing structure and will require pouring new foundational structure. If you look at the side profiles, the largest hills are in very different places than Wildcat was, meaning they have to built up and out almost entirely.

Compared to a conversion such as Twisted Timbers that largely follows the Hurler layout, this is half a ground up build.

Reactions: sotomexx
Apr 22, 2019
If this is accurate I think I would like it. I don't notice any too fast bunny hops, or at least, if they are there, they seem like they wont be nearly as harsh as Twisted Timbers. But how accurate are these simulations? Do they know details like that?

Reactions: mikes
Dec 28, 2020
If this is accurate I think I would like it. I don't notice any too fast bunny hops, or at least, if they are there, they seem like they wont be nearly as harsh as Twisted Timbers. But how accurate are these simulations? Do they know details like that?
They’re not perfect, as all they have to go on is the pictures, but it looks like they got it pretty damn close

Mar 16, 2016
Hershey waited a long time in announcing this, despite closing the ride, fencing it in, and starting to dismantle the ride. My little “conspiracy theory” in the amusement industry in general is with how production delays hit Hard with COVID and now the inconsistent rate of construction is going to push more parks to make ‘late’ announcements to rides, effectively waiting until they cannot hide that there’s something going on. There’s no reason Hershey should have waited 2ish months after the final rides to announce what is going on with Wildcat.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Then again, I feel like the announcements aren't really all that later than they have been, it's just more obvious they're doing work on anything given the lengthy construction timeline.

Case in point, Steel Vengeance

Mar 16, 2016
Then again, I feel like the announcements aren't really all that later than they have been, it's just more obvious they're doing work on anything given the lengthy construction timeline.

Case in point, Steel Vengeance
Typically August has been the time for announcements. Maybe the more year round operation style means putting off the pass push by having to wait for a new “down time“ in pass sales.

Reactions: themeparktribune

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
There's no hard and fast rule for announcement timelines, though it does make sense as you suggest with a seasonal park pushing next season sales.

This one is a bit odd in timing, but maybe they weren't sure on the construction timeline last summer or are trying out with until closer to the holidays to build hype for gifting passes/tickets?

paintervision

Coasters: 558 🎢
Nov 8, 2022
There's no hard and fast rule for announcement timelines, though it does make sense as you suggest with a seasonal park pushing next season sales.

This one is a bit odd in timing, but maybe they weren't sure on the construction timeline last summer or are trying out with until closer to the holidays to build hype for gifting passes/tickets?
They didn't announce Jolly Rancher Remix/Mix'd until Feb this year, despite visible painting progress during Fall/Winter operations in 2021.

I have no inside info on Hershey's Season Pass sales, but I'm guessing they do OK despite being an independent park/not a part of a chain.

Also, we have track in place:

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad