Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 23, 2019
I heard a recent rumor that Kings Dominion is now treating the hair line as the point to meet the requirement and not the top of the head like everyone else has been doing for ages. Can anyone confirm this? This was relayed from a friends friend who's kids were now not able to ride something they were previously able to ride yesterday. I'm curious because my kids would both get knocked down a notch with what they can ride as well.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
If the operator is using hair line, then that single operator is most likely checking height incorrectly. It's always been top of head. Also wouldn't hair line bump them into a higher tier? This would effect the Snoopy rides that have max height requirements, but overall be allowed to ride even more rides.

But in cases like this it'd be best to get a supervisor or above (or guest services) so that employee can retrained.

Oct 23, 2019
If the operator is using hair line, then that single operator is most likely checking height incorrectly. It's always been top of head. Also wouldn't hair line bump them into a higher tier? This would effect the Snoopy rides that have max height requirements, but overall be allowed to ride even more rides.

But in cases like this it'd be best to get a supervisor or above (or guest services) so that employee can retrained.
By hair line, they meant the line across the forehead

Nov 30, 2018
Happened to us on one visit earlier this season. At the entry station, the employee measured off the forehead which put both my kids who are well over 54” (older is about 57”) into the 48” category, and neither were happy. We took the wrist bands off and had them correctly measured on one of the rides.

Hasn’t happened again since, but I think I’ve seen mention of it on the Facebook groups, so there’s possibly a rogue employee group doing this measuring technique.

• Dislike
Reactions: Scared_Squirrels
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
I could be wrong since I don't pay attention since I stopped working at the park. But it seems like the front gate admissions people run the height walls now a days. In the past it was the Dominator/ Berserker ride crew that was in charge of it. So most definitely if there is an issue at the height wall... a rides manager should be notified because that is a major error in team member training.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad