Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Information about this years CW haunt.  I think it looks cool.

Colonial Williamsburg said:
This Halloween, the “Curse of the Sea Witch” falls on the Colonial Capital Spectacular Halloween programming returns to Colonial Williamsburg Oct. 28-31 as sea witches summon Blackbeard’s ghostly crew from their graves to do their bidding.

Halloween frights and fun for all ages return to Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area for four nights Oct. 28-31. “A Haunting on DoG Street: Curse of the Sea Witch” promises family-friendly festivities early each evening followed by spookier action for older — and bolder — souls once the sun sets.

This year’s event follows on the success of Colonial Williamsburg’s first-ever “Haunting on DoG Street” program, which drew more than 10,000 guests to the Historic Area. Thanks again to the generosity of Mars Chocolate North America, free trick-or-treating returns for preregistered guests ages 12-and-under during nightly kid-friendly programming from 5-7:30 p.m. At time of issue, free trick-or-treating registration remains available for Friday, Oct. 28, Sunday, Oct. 30 and Monday, Oct. 31.

“Our first Halloween spectacular was a success thanks to the generosity of Mars Chocolate North America, the creativity of the team here at Colonial Williamsburg, and most of all to the community’s enthusiastic response,” said Robert Currie, Colonial Williamsburg director of entertainment. “A Haunting on DoG Street is back this year bigger and better, and guests can expect new fun, spooks and surprises to top last year’s amazing programming.”

Preregistered children accompanied by an adult can trick-or-treat at historic sites and shops along Duke of Gloucester (DoG) Street with a free Mars trick-or-treat bag provided by Colonial Williamsburg. Through a continued collaboration with the Teal Pumpkin Project, young guests with food allergies may claim a special trick-or-treat bag and collect allergen-free treats at designated Historic Area sites.

For families with young children seeking extra Halloween fun, “A Pirates Life for Me” ticket can be added to trick-or-treating registration for $15. It includes a pirate carnival, games, plays and activities around the Charlton Stage, a costume contest, storytelling and a spooky haunted Raleigh Tavern until 7:30 p.m.

At 8 p.m. the streets darken as the Curse of the Sea Witch descends upon the iconic buildings of the Historic Area. Someone has stolen Blackbeard’s severed head, and in the hands of a sea witch it is a source of unimaginable power. The sea witches have now cursed the town, summoning Blackbeard’s ghostly crew from the dead. Join in the wicked fun as the sea witches search for the infamous Captain’s elusive head. Until it is found, the curse will not be lifted.

Highlights of the nightly 8-10 p.m. programming — recommended for guests ages 13 and older — include a Tavern of Terror, an interactive experience at the Gaol and a macabre Dance with the Dead at the Capitol featuring live music. Charlton Stage will also screen the 1926 Technicolor classic silent film “The Black Pirate,” starring Douglas Fairbanks, accompanied by live commentary by Colonial Williamsburg’s undead pirates.

“Curse of the Sea Witch” tickets are $25. Guests must redeem ticket vouchers at the Colonial Williamsburg Regional Visitor Center the night of the event, where they will receive a wristband for admission to purchased programs. Free parking is available at the Visitor Center and free “spooky bus” rides to and from the “Haunting on DoG Street” events are available until 11 p.m.

Concession offerings such as hamburgers, hotdogs, popcorn, pretzels, beer, hot cider and hot AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate will be available nightly behind Shields Tavern and from carts on Duke of Gloucester Street. After the festivities, guests are encouraged to stay and enjoy colonial hospitality at the Chowning’s Tavern garden, where regular menu offerings will be served — including beer in souvenir skull mugs — until 11 p.m.

Ticket and free trick-or-treating registration availability are limited, and free trick-or-treating is available only to guests who preregister online. Costumes are not permitted after 7:30 p.m. Program tickets and trick-or-treating registration are available online at colonialwilliamsburg.com/haunting or by calling 855-296-6627.

Attachments

• CW haunt.PNG
    CW haunt.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
I can't go due to the lack of days but, this event does intrigue me. If I had to pick one thing that really stood out in that press release definitely this:
Colonial Williamsburg said:
“spooky bus”
I imagine it's a normal bus ride but, if anyone visits please give a review of the "spooky bus" that is all.

Reactions: Merboy
I wonder if "spooky bus" is really a meaningless marketing phrase similar to "interactive pasta bar."

Some pics
[instagram=https://instagram.com/p/BMFVTVpg9-v/]
[instagram=https://instagram.com/p/BMFVFaDAtnl/]
[instagram=https://instagram.com/p/BMFU5eWgbsK/]
[instagram=https://instagram.com/p/BMFUqITgagu/]

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad