Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
It was very sad when they had to take out the haunted train attraction due too many complaints by parents about it being too scary. Though what if they could almost bring it back. The solution is to move it to the sky ride. There would be one entrance and exit at the England stop. All of the cars would have onboard speakers. The speakers would tell a story then you would go through a mini maze at each stop. You would have the finale at the employee area where you would exit in England. If you don't know where it is it is the path connecting Forest of Fun to England. There would be an onride photo in Rhinefield where a bunch of guys come out with chain saws. The first maze in France would be themed to the catacombs. If catacombs return next year then a diffrent theme could be implemented. The Rhinefield stop would themed to a insane asylum. Though the doctor turned all the pacients into monsters and there on the loose. The last stop would be  themed about Jack the Ripper it would be the biggest one because it would be indoor and outdoor. Also the sky ride would percede normal operation during the day. This idea in my opinion would bring back some of the feel of having a haunted transportation ride.

No offense, but you can't turn a transport ride into a one stop attraction. The lines are way too long. Back when the Flight of Lights had one stop only in England, the line got so long as 3 hours long!

^Yes, and we stood in that line. FUN!!
I like the idea, but when you go through a maze, some people go fast, some go slow, and those cable cars arrive slow. So there would most likely be a line inside the house. I don't know if I explained that good, but if someone understands, please restate it better than I did! :)

On the one hand a haunted Skyride sounds cool, because...well...everything about the Skyride is cool. On the other hand I really enjoy looking at the Halloween lights and atmosphere from my little gondola. Flying over the top of HOS is a totally different experience than being down in the middle of it, if that makes any sense. Yes, I could still do that, if they turned it into a HOS attraction, but it would no longer be the focus and it would somehow be less peaceful.

^Well a tram is different than a sky ride. A tram can actually become a haunted attraction without really messing up the wait of back ups. I would be ok with a tram haunted attraction... hint hint :)

Reactions: Party Rocker
Jr.HOSfan said:
For all of the people complaining it would be like the terror tram at Halloween horror nights in Hollywood.

Trams are not as bad on capacity, in fact their job is to transport as much people as possible. They would gobble up the line in no time, but the Sky Ride is terrible with capacity, for one only four or so people can get on at a time, plus it travels slowly, much slower than a tram. The sky ride would have 3 + hours waits. This was another problem with the train. It had only 3 at max vehicles and traveled slowly. They have multiple trams that travel quicker than the train.

Have you ever seen a long line for the tram during busy days? Somewhat. You don't see the line for a tram being a 3 + hours wait, but it can be up to half an hour.

Reactions: Hoopla
Hoopla said:
^Well a tram is different than a sky ride. A tram can actually become a haunted attraction without really messing up the wait of back ups. I would be ok with a tram haunted attraction... hint hint :)
That would be a great idea!

^The wooded pathway down to the turnstiles could have scare-acters roaming, hiding, scaring people before they enter the park!!

Hoopla said:
^The wooded pathway down to the turnstiles could have scare-acters roaming, hiding, scaring people before they enter the park!!

So much I totally wish, hope and pray for this one but the fact people haven't really been given a warning yet unless they handed out paper notices when you pay for parking, parents would rage.

Maybe after being in France could only be an exit no boarding area so the gondolas could speed over there and the sky lifts is only escape from the vampire plague, could use LOD as pre boarding have actors as drs, scientist , and first responders and clear the infected area via your gondola to UNAFFECTED part of Europe however once there work you way thru SSFOF to your new life only to see, you been transported to bad days and you have to face the past haunts

Sorry cheesy I know

Why dont they just put decoration in between the stations, and maybe have some creepy but not scary characters at the stations to welcome them back? You can keep the zombie bridge they use to do, as well as the swamp thing, AND the headless horseman, and imagind if they ahd pirates trying to board the train and take over it!

Why don't they just hire some little girls, put them in worn out dresses, give them a teddy bear with it's eyes ripped off, and force people to ride with them.

That is an interesting concept! Have scareactors go on the skyrides with people! Clowns,creepy girls, zombies, etc. who act in character the whole time.

They would have to put a cage around the car to prevent anyone from throwing anything off or falling out. I love the idea, but the lines would probably be horrendous!! Would it stop at every stop or do a round trip?

Not to be negative, but I would anticipate logistical problems. For example, there is a limit on the number of adults in a single gondola. You would force people to go alone, who might prefer to stay with their group.

Reactions: netdvn
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad