Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
If you'd like to compare different haunts, do so here. Try to maintain a grownup level of discussion here. If trolling or name calling starts happening, the thread will be closed.

bgwfans787 said:
This isnt at a park, but i think spookyacres is really really scaryy

Spooky Acres is in the OLD Dillard's Location at Chesapeake Square Mall. It started in an abandoned farmhouse at the front of Kelly's Nursery in Chuckatuck. It had 10 or 11 years at that location until the owner declared it unsafe to send people through. Spooky Acres provides guided tours through the insanity of the house before going into a pitch black maze. The past three years plus it has been in the old Ruby Tuesday location where it still managed to get people to defecate themselves. The relocation to the old Dillard's corner is allowing Paige and Darrin Barton to revive the size and length that the old house provided.

Paige and Darrin Barton started the house and run it to this day. They operate for pure charity purposes and make no money of off operating it. It has always benefited the March of Dimes until recently they have been changing to various other nationally renowned charities. The couple that runs it are really great, nice, and giving people. All of the actors contained within volunteer their time from scares to setup and removal of the scenes.

If you are looking for an all out fear for you life scare then Spooky Acres shall deliver. It is known all over the east coast and out west and brings in visitors from all over because of its caliber.

Must check it out... Was planning on going to the haunt this weekend so I can finally post in this thread, lol but if it's still mucky out like this, Ill probably just do this... XD

So would you say this is scarier than howl o scream?

ALSO:

I just found out that kings dominion is holding a Childrens Halloween festival that ends 2 and a half hours before the haunt, on sunday when the park is less crowded.

http://kingsdominion.com/shop/shopping_corporate_partners_list.cfm

This, this is amazing. Could it be a way to cater to both sides of the fence, without trying to mush "family friendly" with "scary". Has the "inferior", looked down upon theme park actually outsmarted Busch Gardens? Holding two different events aimed at different audiences, with out taking away from their main attraction, by putting a small upcharge (which is far worth the value imo) and providing extra activities for the kiddies? Now from my understanding Paramount used to do something similar too, without the food and included with the admission fee.

Also, in a few pages on Kd's facebook so far I've only found 1 serious complaint. Other than that the general consensus is that it's great but the two newer houses suck... But that's okay because there are 7 other ones to consume your time with, not to mention the 5 shows...

Youhow2 said:
Must check it out... Was planning on going to the haunt this weekend so I can finally post in this thread, lol but if it's still mucky out like this, Ill probably just do this... XD

So would you say this is scarier than howl o scream?

Spooky Acres is in a whole level. HoS is designed to be enjoyable yet startling..... Not Spooky Acres. They say they scare the yell out of you and they do it and do it well. I volunteered it for YEARS and have been to it almost ever year it has been opened. Unlike Busch if someone makes it past the first room they are in it for the long haul. www.spookyacres.com check the dates there

bgwfans787 said:
They always talk about how ppl pee themselves in it

I will say that is true. It is not uncommon to temporarily stop bring tours through to clean up bodily fluids.

I went through Spooky Acres, hate to say it was a disappointment. I just wasn't too scared. Having the tour guide made it more like well, a tour. The maze was amazing and disorienting, but not a good ending. I think it would be much better if you were to go through one or two scenes w/ the guide, then the maze, then all of a sudden lights could flash when you get to an open area and you would have to find your way through the remaining scenes to the exit (without the guide). That would have really scared the crap out of me.

You all need to go to the northwest river park ghost train. I am one of the actors and tonight we had our rehersal. It is amazing. I mean we light water on fire. Come on you cant get any better then that. Check it out online....

I just thought I would bump this instead of creating a whole new discussion,

as of right now I will be attending Howl-O-Scream, Halloween Haunts(KD), and Halloween Horror Nights(UNIORL) and was wondering if anyone else was attending more than one so we could discuss a variety of haunts!

maybe we could do a list of some sort as well

I was thinking about going down to tampa and orlando. how do you set all that up? I know they're separate ticketed events. I've never been though.

MMMU said:
I just thought I would bump this instead of creating a whole new discussion,

as of right now I will be attending Howl-O-Scream, Halloween Haunts(KD), and Halloween Horror Nights(UNIORL) and was wondering if anyone else was attending more than one so we could discuss a variety of haunts!

maybe we could do a list of some sort as well

I attended HHN last year, you will be pleased! :)

Well im not a professional haunter but i have my own yard haunt, It takes about all summer to build everything and about a week to get everything setup perfect and last year was our best year, Anyone who came out got scared ^_^

has anyone done tampa's before? I am curious if they're doing howl-o-scream during the week. Their dang website isn't up yet. Can anyone lay out how BGT's HoS is operated? (ticket prices, times, days of the week, etc.)

I dont know the ticket prices, but I am pretty sure they do their Howl-O-Scream Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (maybe even a few Mondays). And I cant remember what time they start, but on Saturdays I believe it goes until 2AM

I think I'm going to go to HHN this year, then BGT's HoS next year. I don't really feel like splitting it over those four days that they're open for their Halloween event.

HHN has a Rush of Fear ticket, that is about 30 dollars cheaper and you can go thursday through sunday for the first 3 weeks. I think we'll be doing that. Also upgrade the 2 year 2 park to platinum and hit up BGT, Seaworld, and Aquatica(maybe) when we're down there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad