Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
No but I have had an actor just say the phrase "Student Loans" before.

OMG I would have bolted out of there so quick... I'm only a year out and I'm feeling the Bern burn of debt! ?

Hey, I'm new to Bush Gardens Williamsburg. Hadn't been to the park since 2008, before I went on July 18th. It was amazing. But as we all know, the Fall season will soon be here. generally I would go to KD's Haunt; but their staffing issue and early closing hours as me leaning towards Bush Gardens. Before I had left the park on July 18th; I asked an associate how good the Howl-O-Scream event was and he said in previous years, it was put together very well. KD's Haunt has done a good job over the years, but I'd like to know how it compares to Howl-O-Scream. I'm also aware that the recent pandemic, put a major dent in the park's Fall presentation; so please give me feedback in your experiences before the pandemic happened.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
In previous years I think it’s generally accepted that KD puts together a better Haunt event. BGW has been solid but isn’t very well spread out and has typically had far worse staffing than KD during Haunt. KD has put together better looking houses and has created a much better overall park environment from a theatrical stand point lately. This year is likely to be no different. Howl-O-Scream is good and if you’ve never been you should have a great time. I’ve been throughout the years and it definitely hasn’t peaked in a long time but it’s still good fun. They have better shows usually as well.

In previous years I think it’s generally accepted that KD puts together a better Haunt event. BGW has been solid but isn’t very well spread out and has typically had far worse staffing than KD during Haunt. KD has put together better looking houses and has created a much better overall park environment from a theatrical stand point lately. This year is likely to be no different. Howl-O-Scream is good and if you’ve never been you should have a great time. I’ve been throughout the years and it definitely hasn’t peaked in a long time but it’s still good fun. They have better shows usually as well.

How many maze attractions does Howl-O-Scream generally do? And how would you rate the quality of them?

The only reason I am considering it, is for the possibility that KD may not be able to do late closing hours for HAUNT this season. If they have late closing hours, I might consider going. Also, how crowded does the park get?

It’s usually 6-8 mazes. Most recent year there were 4 in Octoberfest, 1 in Festa, and 1 in Pompeii. I’d say they are all generally fair quality houses, nothing that wouldn’t be unimpressive but nothing that would blow your mind. It’s going to get very crowded like any Halloween even. Peak is usually Friday night and Saturday.

KD will be open late for haunt, but I’d honestly recommend checking out Howl-O-Scream if you’ve never been to say you’ve done it. It’s a nice change in pace from KD’s in your face event. It’s not my favorite haunt event but it’s also not even close to the worst. Check it out!

Reactions: Zachary
It’s usually 6-8 mazes. Most recent year there were 4 in Octoberfest, 1 in Festa, and 1 in Pompeii. I’d say they are all generally fair quality houses, nothing that wouldn’t be unimpressive but nothing that would blow your mind. It’s going to get very crowded like any Halloween even. Peak is usually Friday night and Saturday.

KD will be open late for haunt, but I’d honestly recommend checking out Howl-O-Scream if you’ve never been to say you’ve done it. It’s a nice change in pace from KD’s in your face event. It’s not my favorite haunt event but it’s also not even close to the worst. Check it out!

Wait a minute. I don't understand the count. They use Pompeii building for a maze?

Also, the crowds have never bothered me. That's one of the reasons I go. I love being around large crowds of people. I'm mainly going for the night ride experiences. Verbolten is already my favorite ride at the park. I love these places during the Fall season. Something about the atmosphere.

I think KD’s Haunt is generally better and more consistent than HOS. If you are looking for a decent review of the 2019 event, BGWFans published one:

Reactions: belsaas
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad