Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Can't forget this new coaster for 2018!

https://www.knotts.com/explore/hangtime

This marks the first time that Cedar Fair has ever worked with Guerstleur and probably one of the first major projects that the company has had in the US since the Texas Giant incident and definitely since Smiler. Though both instances were arguable the fault of the operators to some degree in hindsight and not completely Guerstleur's. With thier reputation marred by these terrible accidents and bad press, I'm surprised they've been able to court a company like Cedar Fair that takes safety so seriously and went as far as to install seat belts on coasters by a manufacturer with a flawlessly safety record caused by incidents at another park chain, by another manufacturer. It's almost unbelievable that CF even considered Gerstleur for the project. None the less, this will be an interested ride to see come together.

It doesn't appear that Knotts has put together any animation or pov of the attraction, but I believe they only announced the ride an hour or two ago during a press dinner event which I find a little more unique.

Reactions: Zachary and Zimmy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad