Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
We don't have a thread for KD Halloween Haunt but looks like KD will be having four new attractions for Halloween Haunt. Maybe they will be adding new zones and houses? Since BGW and KD typically keep up with each other, maybe BGWs announcements coming soon will be something similar to what KD will unveil?
Link:

Hello! Your post has been moved to the KD Haunt 2019 thread by a moderator. Regarding your prediction, we’ve already confirmed that there won’t be any new houses this year, and some further research shows that it doesn’t look like any Cedar Fair parks are getting new houses, either. Also, BGW and KD seem to announce their lineups at different times... BGW tends to announce much earlier than KD.

Definitely take some time to look through the thread so you’re caught up!

Reactions: jeffh and belsaas
Still nothing yet although KD is hinting at 2 new scare zones and 2 new shows. I wish they had kept The Lair. I really liked that scare zone.

Reactions: VikingvadR
Still nothing announced on Haunt. What are you waiting on KD?
Has any decorations been put up yet?

KD is notoriously slow at announcing their Haunt lineup each year, but like I’ve said before, the fact that we are getting two new zones and two new shows is VERY promising. I would expect to hear something before the end of the month. Haunt begins a month from tomorrow, so there’s a possibility we might hear something in the near future (hopefully, as I’m DYING to know what we’re getting this year!).

Also, no decorations yet! I wouldn’t expect any changes until Labor Day weekend at the earliest, kind of like last season.

but like I’ve said before, the fact that we are getting two new zones and two new shows is VERY promising

You have a funny definition of "promising."

A halloween event without a single new house (particularly in a year where a house is being removed) is awful no matter what park it's at if you ask me. If KD doesn't have a new-for-2019 house, I plan to drag their announcement through the mud just like I have BGW's.

Carowinds is doing the same thing. They are adding new scare zones and new shows but no new houses. I wonder if this was a Cedar Point decision.

I'll be going to haunt on the Sept 22nd. Any tips on what to do?

You’re going on a Sunday, so crowds shouldn’t be too bad. Indoor mazes will open at 6, so be sure to do as many of those as you can before the rest of Haunt opens at 7. If the park does any type of opening ceremony at the Bandstand this year, be sure to be there by 7 to see it all happen (rumor is they’re changing it up this season since last year’s was removed from the website). After that, just do what you please! My favorite scare zone is Cleaver Bros. and my favorite maze is probably Bayou, so don’t miss those!

I'll be going to haunt on the Sept 22nd. Any tips on what to do?

Honestly, while the houses and scare zones are obviously the main attraction, just simply walking around the park can be just as enjoyable to me. KD does a great job at making the whole park just feel eerie during Haunt. Even in areas away from the scare zones, it just feels creepy with the music, fog, props, and wandering actors mixed in. I really try to take it all in while walking around the park instead of only focusing on getting from one house to the next. You're going on a Sunday, so hitting all the houses and zones won't be an issue. Take in the whole atmosphere around the park, it's a truly great experience for fans of Halloween.

So KD Fanatics just released the new Haunt details for this season, and it looks like the links are unpublished but available. This is very similar to last season when KDFans broke the news, but KD Fanatics beat us to the punch this time around. Anyway... here are the new scare zones and attractions for Halloween Haunt 2019!

Scare Zone #1: Pumpkin Eater

In the last years of the Revolution, Peter Armstrong was a pumpkin farmer living off a winding road in the quaint woods of Virginia. Some say the spirit of a dead soldier possessed him and in an act of rage he murdered his wife with a bayonet. He hid her body inside one of his largest pumpkins, leaving her there to rot. Soon after he started seeing apparitions of his wife with the face of a jack-o-lantern. His rage not subsided, Peter went on to murder other victims, burying them all in the patch. The evil spirit in his body began to morph him into a pumpkin like creature. His victims too, began to rise, and now haunt these once tranquil woods with their jack-o-lantern faces.

Scare Zone #2: Masquerade

You're invited to crash the annual Royal Masquerade Ball. Her Royal Highness, the evil Queen Majesty, has decided to throw a ball like none other as she lays claim to the lands of the living and the dead. Mix and mingle with the height of the undead high society. In what is bound to be the most prestigious ball ever thrown, Majesty is out to prove once and for all that every person and demon will eagerly follow her plan for domination. Be sure to grab a selfie with the Duke and Duchess. But beware; sometimes the mask is there for a reason…

Show #1: Blood Reign:

7:00 PM

A new reign has begun and the overthrow of the dark beings has begun – Queen Majesty has grown tired of the antics of her minion, Overlord, and has vowed to bring hellfire down upon his followers.

Show #2: Heads Will Roll

Join Queen Majesty and her Royal Court as they behead, one by one, the most loyal of Overlord’s subjects. Sometimes the executions do not go quite as planned, but they always end in a raucous musical celebration as her court of singers and dancers Put a Spell on You in this grand Ballroom Blitz. When the clock strikes 12 the Overlord will finally meet his fate as Majesty makes one final cut in what is sure to be The Greatest Show.

My Thoughts:

HOLY CRAP!!! So the Pumpkin Eater rumors were true, but more importantly, the three other attractions are setting up something HUGE! Looks like the Overlord will be beheaded at midnight each night, thus ending the Overlord’s Reign at KD! The new evil queen’s name could be better, but overall I think this will be a good change for the park, and I’m happy that they’re doing things that no other Cedar Fair park has done. I also love how there’s a mostly intertwining theme for this year. Honestly, I think all of this makes up for there not being a new house this season.

I wonder how they’re gonna behead monsters....

So... what’s the deal with Zombie High??

Looks like no replacement this year. Probably a Cedar Fair decision rather than the park’s. I’m sure this space will be used again in another year, hopefully 2020.

UPDATE: All of the above links have been removed from the website. Looks like the park wasn’t ready to reveal the lineup just yet. I’ll be looking for any text differences once the official announcement rolls around.

I hope they rename the queen....

Reactions: jeffh and buckler89
For those wondering, the park has already begun setting up for Haunt. As of today, most of Cleaver Bros. and The Yard guard towers are in the park. Also, these mysterious posters have shown up on the Eiffel Tower, presumably for the new Masquerade scare zone. My knowledge of European History is not the best... can anyone tell me who these figures are?

Halloween Haunt starts three weeks from tomorrow!!! It’s gonna be a crazy awesome year, I can feel it!

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad