Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 18, 2017
Walking through the Uprising area, this is a one-year opportunity to use the fence for a tighter kind of zone, off the side of the main path. Scrambler may be foggy, if even open. I missed the zone through that area.

Nov 1, 2012
Actually, I just remembered... a lot of Necropolis's props came from a scare zone that preceded IronWorx on the Center Walkway sometime before 2010, called Center Stalkway. So this is round 3 for these props.
I think some of the larger props were built in later years after the scare-zone was relocated to Old VA (and up to the action theater). The Haserot seated angle of death and the mausoleum with the faux stained glass were later additions to Necropolis.

Reactions: Mushroom
Nov 1, 2012
My guess is that another reason they gutted the Grizzly store so early is so they could get a head start on St. Nick’s Pics for WinterFest.

Don’t forget The Yard! 😂

Also, Cleaver Brother’s Carnival has all new mannequins in each of those red and white boxes, which have been painted to look a lot older and scratched up. It seems that Cleaver is getting an overhaul, too!
I noticed all the special light towers set up along the south main CAG path. It looks like 8 or 10 of them alongside the center landscape islands from near the ferris wheel all the way to the swings. I thought they might be for Haunt. But, I thought the Cleaver Bros. Circus was set up on the North main path in CAG. Maybe they are for the Winterfest parade?

Jul 24, 2014

This better not come to KD…
Considering Carowinds closes the park then reopens it for SCarowinds, it does make sense, makes the metal detector lines move faster. Plus, it reduces the chances of someone bringing a weapon into a maze, let alone in the park.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
It doesn't make sense.

All you need is a line for guests without bags and a line for guests with bags. The metal detector lines for guests without bags will move even quicker because the guests with bags won't be in that line at all. Ta da!

And to prevent people from taking weapons into the park, all you have to do is have competent bag checkers. It works literally everywhere else each and every day.

SeaWorld Orlando and Carowinds just don't want to pay a couple security employees to check bags. Given that there are dozens of VERY GOOD reasons for guests to need to carry bags at a Halloween event, I hope these parks deal with a flood of complaints each and every day.

Mar 1, 2016
It doesn't make sense.

All you need is a line for guests without bags and a line for guests with bags. The metal detector lines for guests without bags will move even quicker because the guests with bags won't be in that line at all. Ta da!

And to prevent people from taking weapons into the park, all you have to do is have competent bag checkers. It works literally everywhere else each and every day.

SeaWorld Orlando and Carowinds just don't want to pay a couple security employees to check bags. Given that there are dozens of VERY GOOD reasons for guests to need to carry bags at a Halloween event, I hope these parks deal with a flood of complaints each and every day.
It seems they're making exceptions for people needing to carry a bag versus wanting to carry a bag. Probably in the minority but it's a good policy to me

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
This KD Blog web site post appears to be the final 2021 Haunt attraction list:

2021 Finalized Haunt Attraction List

A short video with KD decorative designer, Tony, for Haunt and Winterfest. A little sneak peak of Grimm Woods.

Small Grimm Woods video.

It looks like we’re going to see elements from both Medieval Macabre (the castle) and Tollway Terror (werewolf and maybe the witch prop) in this maze. I’d be shocked if we don’t see at least one Feary Tales Easter egg (other than the witch’s cottage).

The castle and the fancy setting (the chandelier shot) makes me think we’re going to have a princess story as third fairy tale; I’m just stumped on which one it could be. We already know that Hansel and Gretel and Little Red Riding Hood are the first two.

I’m super impressed at the quality of what we’ve seen of GrimmWoods thus far. I can only imagine that things will be even scarier in the dark. Crazy to think that the park has had two years to work on this attraction. I have a hunch that this will be the next big thing at Haunt, and I seriously cannot wait to hopefully see it next weekend.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: buckler89
May 23, 2021
The stage has now been setup in Candy Apple Grove. And unfortunately it's smack dab in the middle of the CB scare zone (where note the drink stand in the right corner, and Delirium in the background).

Was so nice years ago, when they used to setup the stage nestled back near the entrance to Soak City. Or at least locate it to the other side of the midway, not being used for the scare zone 😞

IMG_8480.jpeg

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Extra frustrating because Cleaver Bros. usually isn't even on that side of the path. Hasn't it usually been on the side closer to Bad Apple in past seasons?

Reactions: Zachary
Nov 1, 2012
Now it makes sense why those 8-10 light towers were installed on the south CAG main path. Cleaver Brothers Carnival has been re-located. Why does it matter that the scare zone is on the opposite side of CAG (south path instead the north path) this year?

As far as the stage goes, most old-time midway entertainment was right on the midway, not stuck off to the side. Plus, it is right across from the Drop Tower plaza where folks can move around the folks watching the show or they can take the north CAG path.

I'll reserve my judgements until after I actually experience the zone. At least the park is trying to change things up a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: buckler89
Mar 18, 2017
That stage is a stone's throw from the games booth they stuck Blood Drums in the last 2 years. Whether that worked is debatable, but it's not a big change.

Nov 1, 2012
From MoonMaxx Facebook Site is this photo of the 2021 cast for "Heads Will Roll" rehearsing on the I-Street stage. I don't remember the cast being that big! It appears there are about 20 performers! (Not sure if some of them are for the Grove Stage Haunt productions).

1632142083118.png

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
From MoonMaxx Facebook Site is this photo of the 2021 cast for "Heads Will Roll" rehearsing on the I-Street stage. I don't remember the cast being that big! It appears there are about 20 performers! (Not sure if some of them are for the Grove Stage Haunt productions).

View attachment 24538

Many are likely cast members for Masquerade, the dance troupe that performed in certain numbers with the main cast last year.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad