Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 1, 2010
Figured I'd make a thread here since their isn't..

They had like a sneak peek of it lastnight in front of the eiffel tower, which appeared to be a clown, and maybe a zombie? Couldn't tell. But what I thought was interesting was at every bathroom, they has a sign about it, and we're playin Halloween music inside the bathroom. I never noticed the music untill night though

RE: Halloween Haunt

Yeah KD always has a little viewing area as a preview to Haunt. And yes this year there was a clown, a ringleader, and two zombies on a seesaw. The clown shook every once in awhile to scare guests happening to walk by.

KD just posted this preview of their new scare zome PrimEvil on their Facebook page.

292000_10151013778236875_1248256385_n.jpg

ahhh I wanna go. Just that image looks sweet!
redsoxfan787 said:
Was it good? I've never been but really want too

Sorry for answering late. Kinda forgot to post. But it really depends on the type of person you are. If you like getting scared or not. My favorite haunt was Club Blood because it had a funny feel to it. It was fun and had it's freaky/ creepy moments in it also. I was dancing the entire way through and would jump sometimes at the pole dancers jumping at me. But I really liked it and got really scared and I usually don't scare easy. The scare Zones were pretty good also. I could go on but I really liked haunt it was amazing. The entire place is fogged up its really cool...come to think of it, I need to go up onto the Eiffel Tower and look at the park from above being all fogged up and such.

Reactions: Ben
I don't think so. The hiding places for the actors in Haunt are way more visible than the ones at BGW.

Are the haunted houses better? I've also heard everything looks cheap, idk if that is true or not

Club Blood is STILL one of the most impressive mazes I've seen at a themepark. Some of the mazes look extremely horrible, not gonna lie. But they always have atleast 5 ones that are fairly on par with what you would expect. KD goes for the more in your face atmospheric scary, with a few "pop outta nowhere" scares. They seem to like to put the actors in your face, without you realizing they are there... I've noticed that Busch goes for a completely different scare approach. Actors pop outta nowhere, and they use distractions alot. KD uses more actors with scripted lines as well.

Comparing look and feel of The mazes, it looks like Busch spends more money on their mazes, But I'd say the mazes are a far cry from looking cheap. Club Blood has a two story apartment/alleyway facade with windows and doors that looks like you are in the wrong part of town, complete with clotheslines and antennaes on the roof, tv's and lights in the windows... Busch and KD just simply use a different aesthetic. KD's mazes look like a fun slasher film, Busch's mazes seem to take a bit more of a dark and gritty approach. KD used to nail the Dark/Gritty approach back when they were still owned by Paramount. Cedar Fair seems to have killed off that approach, with the only notable exception being The Doll House, Which is an Amazing, Amazing Maze... But it still uses more of the modern "Horror Film" look.

It's simply a matter of preference. But you will find that KD does some thing better than Busch and Busch does some things better than KD. You'll also notice the KD mazes have alot more "Extreme" content than you'll find in the Busch mazes... Like vampire go-go dancers...

Reactions: netdvn and I305Evan
So do I. Some of them are kinda out of place though. Like that racks at the end of the Slaughterhouse. And the guy's mask that he was wearing It didn't make any sense to me.

This year will be my first time attending Haunt *hopefully if my plans work out* and I'm really excited.

Most of my friends say its better than HOS because the actors are allowed to roam and be more "in your face" than BGW's. Plus the midways are coated in fog so its impossible to see anything.

http://www.kingsdominion.com/haunt2012/ Didn't realize the site was up. I wish I could remember which haunts were there last year so I can see what is new and old. I might have a map laying around. But I wonder what riding WindSeeker is like in all that fog? I really hope I can find a way to the park this year.

Looks like two or three new attractions.

House: No Vacancy- Located in the action theater.

Scare Zone: PrimEvil: The Kuru Curse

There's another listing for "The Haunted House" which is located at the action theater as well, so who knows.

I got Kings Dominion passes this year mainly because I wanted to try their roller coasters and Halloween Haunt. I looked on the website and I found out that this year they are charging 32 dollars per person to get in! We lost our passes and we were about to buy more but now we aren't going to worry about it.

They still shouldn't advertise when you buy the pass that you get haunt for free. especially since I bought the gold pass which cost more just for haunt. I doubt I will buy passes anymore, that's not good marketing, compared to KD, BGW treats it's pass-members like gods.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad