Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hi, I'm sorry if this was already posted here but I havent had time recently to read the forums and see what's going on. What coasters will be open during the event? I'm going with a friend on the 2nd at 5 and I keep seeing conflicting info on whether Apollo (or the others for that matter) will be open. Thanks in advance!

(Edit) this is the main reason I'm confused:View attachment 21253

That's just Instagram's confusing way of previewing comments. BGW replied to that comment saying that, yes, Apollo and Tempesto are open. However, someone else asked within that comment chain whether Alpengeist and Griffon will be open, and the park gave the above reply to them, which is what's being displayed.

If you view the full comments section, you can see that the question BGW was responding to was "alpengeist and griffon included like September?" Before that, they said Apollo and Tempesto will be open.

Was getting ready to head out here in a little while and was courious what dining locations were open? So looking at the BGW website is there no place to get a full meal like when Trappers was open?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Was getting ready to head out here in a little while and was courious what dining locations were open? So looking at the BGW website is there no place to get a full meal like when Trappers was open?
Marco Polo is supposed to be open

They were checking resveration at parking tonight so have them ready if you are coming.

Reactions: WDWRLD
This is my first time getting to the events “late” (it was unavoidable), and thus my first time standing in a longer line in a while, and so far so good on the rule following.

(OBVIOUSLY standing in line for everyone’s favorite coaster Tempesto.)

• Haha
Reactions: Nicole and Mwe BGW
You know, I don’t want to be dissing the park because BGW is doing a fine job maintaining everything that’s open; however, I’m honestly really bored right now. Lacking a lot of energy. I know I was expecting a dry bones Halloween event, but jeez. The San Marco stage is a huge missed opportunity. Hopefully I’m just the oddball and everybody else is having a great time!

So exactly how is the “scary aspect” coming into play? I know the creatures can’t exactly jump out at you anymore due to social dinstancing, so are they standing in the shadows, or sitting on the benches, or...?

They are just walking around and jumping in your direction but staying away from you

Reactions: ludmarco
So exactly how is the “scary aspect” coming into play? I know the creatures can’t exactly jump out at you anymore due to social dinstancing, so are they standing in the shadows, or sitting on the benches, or...?
they seem to be giving it an honest effort given the restraints of the situation. I have seen a couple that setup pretty decently and have had some effect on people. But honestly they are pretty limited to jumping at you or making a loud noise so other then the few that found sweetspots to hide it's really not very effective.

Not sure what I was expecting but was a little dissapointed. We were excited for Halloween in the park but that quickly faded when we got through the gate and there was zero decorations in England. I mean come on, change a few light bulbs, toss a pumpking or two around...something. Also, the scare actors would have been better spread out around the park instaed of the 10 or so they had all in one spot.

I actually think they did a nice job. Especially after dark, it had a fun vibe. They had HOS music/sounds in most places and some mood lighting. I thought the actors in Festa were doing really well, especially given the constraints. Night rides on Apollo alone made the event worth it to me. I’m not super excited about the dining situation, but I appreciate their trying to provide specialty menus. The views of Pantheon are great, as well.

Are there things I would have changed? Sure. I was perplexed by the items in Artisans of Italy. I thought they could have included Garden of Souls and a walk-though outdoor house (like Lumberhack). I wish all of the traditional stations in Marco Polo’s were open (but kudos for having gelato).

But overall I really enjoyed myself tonight.

Last edited:
We didn’t even ride anything, we were there for some halloween fun. The music was a odd mix or previous years ambient music, songs from previous HOS shows then a weird mix of pop music that had nothing h to do with Halloween. Marco Polos was a cluster for distancing, people were just everywhere looking at the menus and you basically had no choice than to squeeze through to get up to get food. The scare actors also were doing great and even got a jump out of me when one snuck up behind me and said something right in my ear. Overall for me the event just didn’t have the excitement I hoped for.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad