2020 Halloween Harvest

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 18, 2017
I forgot to take my own advice on reservations. Fortunately some people forgot to look at November 1. Looks like it could be a Six Flags Month.

As to the 1 hour spaces between sessions, the problem is not really a safety protocol, it's the Northam Protocol of having to get everyone out of there. I'm usually one of the last people out and it's still only a half hour past. They always have closed most food stands except at the front of the park despite it being a time they might get my business. I did get a churro at 2 mins. to close.

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Oh! How do you guys think Ubers will be throughout the month? I checked the app last night for an uber between the park and the hotels I'm looking at and they were pretty much unavailable the whole evening. Ubers are a necessity because I'd like to not commit a felony during this trip... I mean you never know how an evening will play out, but simply from a drinking aspect I mean...

Sep 24, 2018
Oh! How do you guys think Ubers will be throughout the month? I checked the app last night for an uber between the park and the hotels I'm looking at and they were pretty much unavailable the whole evening. Ubers are a necessity because I'd like to not commit a felony during this trip... I mean you never know how an evening will play out, but simply from a drinking aspect I mean...
I think you'll be able to get an Uber/Lyft still. You might have to wait 15-20 minutes

Reactions: Merboy and Mwe BGW
Oct 22, 2019
What really struck me at the final night of Taste of Busch Gardens was how much the larger footprint made it easier to find distance if you needed it, and I’ve got a lot of questions about how that is going to play out with Halloween Haunt, which has a major choke point at the bridge to Festa, a pileup of the flats/kid rides in Italy, and almost no queue space for Marco Polo’s.

I’m not sure WHY they are so insistent on keeping the Rhine River Bridge closed, and I realize they’re not opening Rhinefield, but I really feel like they need an alternate pathway back to Scotland/Ireland to avoid some significant distancing problems in Italy, especially at mealtimes.

Reactions: Zachary

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I’m not sure WHY they are so insistent on keeping the Rhine River Bridge closed
When they close the bridge and remove the loop aspect of the park, they are increasing the chance of potential sales at every restaurant, shop, and stand. Guests are forced to walk past everything twice if they make it to the back of the park, which is fairly common for these short four hour windows. If they opened the bridge, most people would just walk around the park once, call it a day and leave. With the current lay out there is no locals darting across the bridge to hit Verbolten, maybe Apollo, and call it a day. Everyone has to walk the same route, past the same stands, not once, but twice. It's the same reason why the park closed the England short cut between FOF and the sky ride. The sales for the glow stands and stores in England reduced dramatically from this simple layout change.

Sep 24, 2018
What @Connor said and also the fact that pretty much no one actually uses the bridge when it's open anyway. It would also be a little harder to ensure that it's regularly cleaned because of its location and the steps on each side.

Oct 22, 2019
Looks like this is popular! Wednesdays are being added.
As was expected, although it doesn’t help for young kids, so still seeing some social media anger at the park. Definitely feel like not being able to go for Halloween is triggering more “I’m canceling my membership” rhetoric than either of the previous events, which makes me wonder how much more of that we’ll see with the Christmas event.

Reactions: tursiops
Nov 30, 2018
I wonder how many are doing this expecting to see HOS like haunts/mazes/scare zones.
I think there's going to be a lot of disappointment for anyone who didn't go to the previous events. The events were ok and BGW is making the best of the situation, but I couldn't see paying $40-50 for what was offered when entire parks are open elsewhere at the same price.

Sep 24, 2018
I agree it will definitely be very interesting to see what they do and how things are different. The park very deliberately chose the name Halloween Harvest over HOS, so hopefully most people catch that it's a different event.

Is anyone else going on Thursday? I'm pretty pumped to see what they are doing

Reactions: Connor and tursiops
Oct 22, 2019
Is anyone else going on Thursday? I'm pretty pumped to see what they are doing
I currently have a Thursday reservation but I’m not able to make it for open and tunnel traffic would delay me considerably so I think I might just cancel and get y’all’s reports and go on Sunday.

Aug 14, 2018
Hi, I'm sorry if this was already posted here but I havent had time recently to read the forums and see what's going on. What coasters will be open during the event? I'm going with a friend on the 2nd at 5 and I keep seeing conflicting info on whether Apollo (or the others for that matter) will be open. Thanks in advance!

(Edit) this is the main reason I'm confused: image0-21.jpg

Login or Register to Hide This Ad