2020 Halloween Harvest

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jun 6, 2013
Anyone heard anything about this event yet? I expected to hear something earlier since dates are already posted. I suppose with adults Apollo's testing they are getting that side of the park ready. I was kind of surprised to not see any trace of fall decorations in the park, even mums.

Jul 28, 2020
Anyone heard anything about this event yet? I expected to hear something earlier since dates are already posted. I suppose with adults Apollo's testing they are getting that side of the park ready. I was kind of surprised to not see any trace of fall decorations in the park, even mums.
I wonder if in the areas of the park that are closed if they are putting up fall decorations

Feb 14, 2019
Could it just be that AC is cycling to test the new communications systems and recertify, not that there's plans to open it yet?

Sep 24, 2018
So to go along with what @Zachary said, very little is known about the October event. But from what I know of it, we should expect to see Apollo open as well as Italy and Festa. In this scenario France would close while Germany and Ireland stay open too. Also Forest of Fun is not currently planned to be open. Plans are changing constantly from what I've heard and this can still change by all signs point to them flipping the map for October.

Oct 22, 2019
So to go along with what @Zachary said, very little is known about the October event. But from what I know of it, we should expect to see Apollo open as well as Italy and Festa. In this scenario France would close while Germany and Ireland stay open too. Also Forest of Fun is not currently planned to be open. Plans are changing constantly from what I've heard and this can still change by all signs point to them flipping the map for October.
I know we've previously talked about the park considering France and New France as linked, but I'm wondering what closing New France would mean in terms of food options. They seem pretty comfortable with Trapper's as their sole full-scale dining situation, in terms of available outdoor seating and the queue setup. Marco Polo's isn't really designed to work the same way (not that I'm comfortable with how Trapper's has been working, queue wise), and so I'm curious what their approach is on that front.

Reactions: Connor

Connor

fanny pack enthusiast
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
An easy fix would be to route a temporary line through Marco Polo’s, with social distancing markers, and then have a greeter pulsing the queue outside. The only issue would be there isn’t a ton of outdoor space to set up an extended queue, as the line could easily back up and spill out onto the pathway. Beyond that, the seating is all outdoors and there is more than ample room for people to spread out with the reduced capacity. It would be a nice change of pace compared to Trapper’s and provide more options for those not interested in barbecue.

Reactions: Nicole
Feb 14, 2019
While the pathway could be kind of narrow if you add a queue on one side, I guess with the capacity cap and having other full meal options available elsewhere, it's not likely to present as big a problem.

Reactions: Applesauce
Sep 24, 2018
I know we've previously talked about the park considering France and New France as linked, but I'm wondering what closing New France would mean in terms of food options. They seem pretty comfortable with Trapper's as their sole full-scale dining situation, in terms of available outdoor seating and the queue setup. Marco Polo's isn't really designed to work the same way (not that I'm comfortable with how Trapper's has been working, queue wise), and so I'm curious what their approach is on that front.
In the current plan that I know of, Trapper's is closed and Marco Polo is the only restaurant.

It's an old habit that was ingrained in my from years working at the park, but when I say France I mean France and New France. The same goes for a Germany, I am generally talking about Oktoberfest and Rhinefeld.

Jun 6, 2013
Anyone think there is a chance if EfP opening if Italy does open? I believe it has run in October before. I'd love to see it open occasionally even as weather permits.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad