Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
So I was messing around with my calculator and I decided to do some math about BGW.

So with the park open 159 days not including Christmas Town, and if it were to hit 36,000 max capacity every day only those people bought all day tickets for $69.99 each, the park would be making about:

Sub Total = $400,622,760.00
Tax = $20,031,138.00
Total = $420,653,898.00

Sales Tax of 5%

Of course this is under ideal conditions. No passes just single day tickets sold. Only 36,000 people per day. Also, this number is just a super extreme rough number of how much this one park makes off of general admission each year. I am sure the park doesn't make this amount exactly, but it is relatively close to what I'd guess the park would make.

Just think, Verbolten only costed them 1/4 of what they would make :p

RE: Park Profit

I would bet the park has a breakdown sort of like this:
Season Ticket Holders: 60%
Discounted tickets: 20%
Full price tickets: 20%

Just shooting from the hip. and you're not talking about profit. Profit is what happens after you pay all your operating costs. I would estimate your number is not even remotely close. :-D

Also no one pays $70 for christmas town.

The number would be closer if you could find average guest spending and multiply it by the average number of visitors, but you're not gonna find those numbers anywhere dude...

Party Rocker said:
Sub Total = $400,622,760.00
Tax = $20,031,138.00
Total = $420,653,898.00

Sales Tax of 5%

There is no sales tax on park admission, it is exempt from sales tax. And even if there were sales tax that wouldn't be included in the money the park got, that would go to the state.

pandorazboxx said:
Just shooting from the hip. and you're not talking about profit. Profit is what happens after you pay all your operating costs. I would estimate your number is not even remotely close. :-D

THIS!

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Celticdog said:
It's still an inetresting number of $400 million. That's some potential gross revenue.

There is no potential to reach that figure at all.

The park will never sell that many full-priced one-day admission tickets every day of the operating year. And if the park is at capacity on some days then a large percentage of patrons are either passport or fun card holders.

I've heard there were days this past summer where daily capacity during the week reached as low as 6,000. Data like that makes that $400 million figure laughable!

Reactions: netdvn and Zachary
Unagi said:
I've heard there were days this past summer where daily capacity during the week reached as low as 6,000. Data like that makes that $400 million figure laughable!

We're those days coinciding with temperatures above 95 degrees? It was an obnoxiously hot summer this year, but either way your point stands.

*Personally I'd figure the park's "Gross" profits at a little more than half of this suggested $400 mil.

B.Mac said:
We're those days coinciding with temperatures above 95 degrees? It was an obnoxiously hot summer this year, but either way your point stands.

Yes, I heard some of those days with low attendance were due to inclement weather or extreme heat. Although I did hear that some days with tolerable weather and temps had only 10,000-12,000 in the park. That is, at most, only 1/3 of the full daily capacity. That's not really shattering full-price one-day admission sales at the ticket office!

*Personally I'd figure the park's "Gross" profits at a little more than half of this suggested $400 mil.

Agreed! And I would include in-park sales with that figure!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad