Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 18, 2017
This is just plain stupid! The park is ONLY open 3 or 4 days a week and they are only going to open the grill on Saturdays. Lempke strikes again! And don't try to tell me this is not his decision. At the level of what is and is not open it is with his knowledge and his decision.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
This is just plain stupid! The park is ONLY open 3 or 4 days a week and they are only going to open the grill on Saturdays. Lempke strikes again! And don't try to tell me this is not his decision. At the level of what is and is not open it is with his knowledge and his decision.

Kevin may have okayed the decision, but in his defense, he might not have had much of a choice. It’s well documented that SEAS’ chairman of the board Scott Ross has put immense pressure directly on the park presidents to reduce costs and increase profits however possible. Kevin and his team probably wish they could do more with Grogan’s Grill than they are, but can’t.

That said, I’m glad they’re opening Grogan’s to add more food capacity on the park’s busiest days, but damn. Imagine being told 10 years ago that Grogan’s authentic Irish stew and meats — or even just a few years ago when the restaurant was revamped with all of O’Tators’ creative potato dishes — would be replaced with hot dogs and chicken tenders. This is, in my opinion, the most dramatic representation yet of how far BGW’s culinary operation has fallen.

Mar 16, 2016
It’s well documented that SEAS’ chairman of the board Scott Ross has put immense pressure directly on the park presidents to reduce costs and increase profits however possible. Kevin and his team probably wish they could do more with Grogan’s Grill than they are, but can’t.
I think it’s very important to make this distinction right now for all things SEAS related.

Mar 18, 2017
I just don't buy into the argument that they are reducing costs and increasing profits. If that was the case explain to me the logic behind building more and more expensive rollercoasters at the expense of everything else? If the food service is up and running everywhere possible you are selling food and drinks to the people in between rollercoasters and turning more profit. What does a rollercoaster do for you? Sure, you might get more people in the park. Like they really need that. Once you spend the money on a rollercoaster it doesn't turn any profit if there is nowhere for people to eat and drink. Oh, wait a minute! Maybe they could start charging per ride on all of those rollercoasters. Then they could turn more profit. They kind of already do that with QQ don't they?

Just an example. We are going to the park tomorrow. We are literally spending more time trying to figure out where and what will be open to get something to eat and drink. My wife pulled out her popcorn bucket but then I reminded her there may be no place open to use it. Pre-covid I never gave a thought about what and where to eat. I happen to be one of those "old folks" and I talk to the older workers at the registers and in the park. I was shocked to learn some of them have been there for as much as 10+ years without a raise. They definitely don't get benefits and then some of them dropped the real bombshell on me. You know why you see so many seniors working there? It's not because they are available. It is because they are on Medicare! Seas doesn't have to worry about health insurance for them! It might not mean anything to you now but one of these days you'll get to experience the same thing. Yeah, BGW and SEAS are going to the dark side and it's not even making a difference. Doesn't seem to bother anybody as long as a rollercoaster is running.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad