Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
Feel free to move this to a ‘Great Pumpkin Fest 2021’ thread if needed, but the park has revealed that the kids’ event will run from 2pm to 6pm on Haunt weekends. This likely means that the park will open at 7pm on Fridays and at 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays during Haunt.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
With such a late opening on Saturdays, KD should consider doing a separately ticketed Great Pumpkin Fest in the morning. It would keep more kids out of Haunt while also broadening the appeal and accessibility of Great Pumpkin. Only open Planet Snoopy for the morning event, start clearing the park at 1pm, and then open everything but Snoopy after 2pm.

Reactions: belsaas
Nov 1, 2012
With such a late opening on Saturdays, KD should consider doing a separately ticketed Great Pumpkin Fest in the morning. It would keep more kids out of Haunt while also broadening the appeal and accessibility of Great Pumpkin. Only open Planet Snoopy for the morning event, start clearing the park at 1pm, and then open everything but Snoopy after 2pm.
That seems reasonable to try.

But, if it comes to staffing and the park needing some of the Planet Snoopy employees to work other areas during the evening haunt hours, then that might be an issue. Haunt will have the longest park operating hours for the 2021 season at 10 hours. Also, the kids Halloween activities in pre-covid years did not start until noon.

It does not sound like Haunt will have a staggered opening this year, 6 pm for some mazes and 7pm for everything else.

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
Last Weekend they had a street magician running a close-up show with loads of audience interaction in Planet Snoopy during the day.

Highly recommend checking him out. He is hilarious, in a corny way.

The tricks are mostly classics, but very nicely presented.

1633011171908.png

• Love
Reactions: Zachary
May 29, 2021
We had a great time with our kids at this event. I know they are doing the best they can. We live several hours away and a 4 hour event is tough to swallow and justify a 6 hour round trip drive. But I am glad we went. They do go all out for the kids and we appreciate it. I would just be happy if they opened at 12 and we had just two more hours of Charlie! That would be more than enough time for most families. Saturday was BUSY in planet snoopy. I think it was the busiest we have seen it all season long.

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad