Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Grape Smashers (2013 to Present)

I though I read somewhere that there would be challenges for grape-stomping. I wonder was this a tease or for real?

^

Check your mailer for the Food & Wine Festival if you got one. Mine just came late last week.

Pretty sure it's mentioned in there somewhere. Mine got tossed over the weekend by accident. Someone else can confirm it's in there i'm sure.

They choose guests from the audience to participate in smashing grapes. That is the show. That is all.

Nope, that's not the show. It's actually quite good. From what I can tell the entire Mix it Up cast is utilized. I was actually impressed.

I did but I have to decide whether or not to post it. For some reason the park seemed to be full of absurdly rude people today. How someone can see you're trying to get a shot and continue to stand directly in the way, I don't know.

I was actually livid. <- Inside joke only 4 people will get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iTwfRH0DrQ

Though you can't tell it from the video, the first and third grape stompers' wine bottles simply weren't catching the juice. Basically all the juice ended up pouring down around their bottles. In fact, the only time either of them actually got any juice into the bottles was when one of the cast members was holding the bottle in place. I think they may need to work on that system a bit.

It's Nora!! Was the show fun? Worth seeing again? Seems a little odd.

- How does one get "chosen" to be in the contest?

- Looks like the bigger folks may have an advantage here.

- What happens to the wine in the bottles you guys stomped?

- What kind of wine did the contestants get?

Grape Smashers signage!!!

Attachments

• Grape Smashers - left sign.JPG
    Grape Smashers - left sign.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Grape Smashers - center sign.JPG
    Grape Smashers - center sign.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • Grape Smashers - right sign.JPG
    Grape Smashers - right sign.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • Grape Smashers - signs.JPG
    Grape Smashers - signs.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22

You know I got to thinking that those new facades from Pet Shenanigans really do fit in now, given the nature of this new show. I love the purple costumes the musicians wear; it works. ;)

Was the show fun? Worth seeing again? Seems a little odd.

I thought it was really fun to be a participant. The outfits keep you covered so no worries about getting sticky grape juice on your clothes and shoes. The clothes and goggles are in plastic bags and are not previously used. (That was nice to know for those who have germophobia) Also, I saw it again Saturday in the audience. I thought it was cute and feedback from the crowd was pretty positive as people were leaving.

- How does one get "chosen" to be in the contest?

It seemed random. Someone from Entertainment roams around and asks people if they want to be a part of the show.

- Looks like the bigger folks may have an advantage here.

Possibly. I also think those with bottles lined up better under the dispenser also have an advantage. However, it is NOT as easy as one would think. You get quite the workout!

- What happens to the wine in the bottles you guys stomped?

I have no idea. They didn't show us that.

- What kind of wine did the contestants get?

Grape juice! It's wine that "hasn't fermented yet!" I thought it was cute actually and after the workout- cold grape juice in a little kid's juice box was a nice treat. The winner got a "Food & Wine Festival" water bottle.

If someone taps you on the shoulder and asks you to go up there.. say yes! It is too much fun to turn down. :D

Mind posting a picture when you get the chance?

Also, I take it that means you were the guy next to Nora in my video? If so, maybe you should pursue a career in grape stomping- you're quite good at it. :D

Reactions: Nora

Yes I was next to Nora and really enjoyed talking with her before hand. Im also really thankful you got it on video. I will take a pic of the bottle.

I really enjoyed meeting you too!

I am glad we both got picked because you were so much fun to talk to. I suppose the saying is true ~"You always have a friend in Pennsylvania."

By the way, you were a worthy competitor and I'm game for a rematch if we meet again. :)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad