Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 22, 2019
Has anyone done Dorney's Grand Carnivale? We are going to go on Sunday and will check it out. I can't remember the KD food menu, but I think there's some more food options I can eat here than KD has. I don't eat red meat and am trying to eat less meat in general. So there's a couple chicken options and some vegetarian options. Not sure about vegan. Can you buy food individually, or do you have to buy a tasting card? Also can tastings be used for drinks, or only for food?

I didn’t try any of the food but the parade was lovely! I think the parade route at Dorney has advantages over both of the kings parks. I enjoy the parade at Dorney over Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and Kings Island imo. Would love to hear what you try when you go!

Has anyone done Dorney's Grand Carnivale? We are going to go on Sunday and will check it out. I can't remember the KD food menu, but I think there's some more food options I can eat here than KD has. I don't eat red meat and am trying to eat less meat in general. So there's a couple chicken options and some vegetarian options. Not sure about vegan. Can you buy food individually, or do you have to buy a tasting card? Also can tastings be used for drinks, or only for food?

The food menus between Dorney and KD are the same for Carnivale. It seems Cedar Fair has made the menus the same for all parks hosting Carnivale.

The food menus between Dorney and KD are the same for Carnivale. It seems Cedar Fair has made the menus the same for all parks hosting Carnivale.
I guess I just noticed a few more viable options when I looked at it this time.

Related question. For two people, one of which doesn't eat that much, would 6 tastings be adequate for a supper, or should I get the 9 tastings one? How big are these tastings? And can you share the tasting cards like this, or does each person have to have their own?

I guess I just noticed a few more viable options when I looked at it this time.

Related question. For two people, one of which doesn't eat that much, would 6 tastings be adequate for a supper, or should I get the 9 tastings one? How big are these tastings? And can you share the tasting cards like this, or does each person have to have their own?
Well, the tasting card I used for "Taste of the Season" last December was not tied to a person. You can share it with another person in your party or give the the card to a total stranger. It doesn't matter. As long as it has 1 or more tastings left on it, the park does not care.

Reactions: Crunchewy
Alas, decided not to make the trip both because of the high chance of rain, but also I pulled my back a bit recently and wasn’t 100%. Oh well.

• Sad
Reactions: Nibbins
I visited Grand Carnivale a few weeks ago and had a blast despite the insane crowds. The park was absolutely slammed. Easily the busiest I've ever seen it.

For a mini food & wine event, the food was really good. I'm so happy to see KD and Cedar Fair in general trying to step up their food game. BGW better watch out.

My biggest issue is everything is concentrated around the Eiffel Tower so everyone crowds there. Combine that with how busy the park is and it becomes a massive cluster

You could tell the park was hurting on staffing since the lines moved extremely slow.

Ride lines were also slow. Just about everything had a full queue, but fortunately everything was fully staffed so I didn't see any closed up shops or attractions like BGW has been plagued with in the last couple months.

The parade was awesome. I saw about half of it because I was on a ride for about half. The floats were impressive for a regional park like KD.

For how busy I was, I wish the park extended it's hours. Even one hour makes a difference. It took about an hour to leave the parking lot

The park was great as always. Idk if I'll be making it back for Carnivale but I can't wait to return.

Just to clarify - did you go to the Dorney Grand Carnivale or KD's? This is the Dorney thread, but you mention KD.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad