Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They're not on Dining Plan just anywhere. There's a lot of restaurants in the park I'd rather give up. Panda was about the only place in the park you could rely on being open every time. Maybe they didn't like the pay rates, 1st year of Plan it wasn't on it.

New place sounds just a bit like BackBeatCue at Cedar Point, which was fantastic.

I hope the price to portion ratio is better than what they've been doing at The Mac Bowl. Also while I'm excited about the upgraded patio area and full bar, my first thought was the smoking section right across the walkway by the bathrooms.

Actually, just did a licensee search on the VA ABC site and found that each location in the park (KD, not BGW) is licensed separately. Thus, you'll notice signs stating you can't bring alcohol past certain parts as that'd be taking alcohol off-premise.

Negative, you can take your beverage throughout Kings Dominion now. It used to be that you had to keep it on the patio at the place you purchased it at but that changed a few years ago.

Negative, you can take your beverage throughout Kings Dominion now. It used to be that you had to keep it on the patio at the place you purchased it at but that changed a few years ago.

Apparently I can't read - it appears what I saw as individual licenses per serving location in the park were surrendered, the whole park is now under one restaurant license similar to BGW.

That makes me curious as to why the signs stating alcohol can't leave premises signs were still up in some locations during WF this year if it's been a while since the change was made?

Reactions: Mushroom
The signs are old. KD is famous for leaving old stuff up. In fact, when they realize the signs are obsolete, they’ll probably just cover them up instead of removing them!

• Haha
Reactions: Eric and Mushroom
Out of curiosity, is it also plausible that the park has temporarily stopped development on the new concept and are keeping PE for now to save capex, but are renovating the building to get prepped for the change down the road?

Thinking that maybe the existing infrastructure may have some known issues and the work would be needed anyways...

Out of curiosity, is it also plausible that the park has temporarily stopped development on the new concept and are keeping PE for now to save capex, but are renovating the building to get prepped for the change down the road?

Thinking that maybe the existing infrastructure may have some known issues and the work would be needed anyways...
Doubt it. That would require a new sponsorship deal which I think is unlikely also I have to imagine as close as we were to opening before the Virus shut things done that building had already been heavily gutted.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad