Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Over tge course of two visits I have now tried all 4 main dishes.

The Pork was my favorite cooked just perfect nice and juicy with a nice slow cooked taste to it. The beef was my second favorite very nicely seasoned with a nice taste to it but my serving seemed to be a bit more well done then I care for (The servings that I have seen at other times looked medium so this might just have been a bad batch). Then the Shrimp I loved the taste of it but the serving size is just to small and it seemed to be a little on the dry side. The chicken was my least favorite nice season taste but a small serving and extremely dry.

The sides that I had were Grilled Vegetables, Mac and Cheese, Cucumber and Tomato salad, and the Basil pesto Penne. The Tomato and Cucumber salad was my favorite it was a great blend of the two with olive oil and cilantro mixed in to add a great flavor. Next was the Basil Pesto Penne nice fresh taste and served cool to make it a great selection for a hot summer day. The Mac and Cheese was next it's hard to mess up Mac and cheese but also hard to make it stand out but the sauce which seemed to be a mixture of a few different types of cheeses was very good. The mixed vegetables were OK but tasted a little over done and soggy with no real stand out flavor to them.

Even the flat bread and hummus which I am not normally a fan of tasted great. I can't wait to see what other items they bring out as the seasons change and can't wait to try the other sides. This honestly is probably going to be my knew go to eating place in the park.

Also a staff member said that they are planning to have the upper deck eating area finished this fall which should be a wonderful addition to WinterFest.

Attachments

• 20210624_161036.jpg
    20210624_161036.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 20210624_111518.jpg
    20210624_111518.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20210622_161905.jpg
    20210622_161905.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20210622_113927.jpg
    20210622_113927.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Chef was by yesterday checking on how guests liked their meals. I told him how much I loved the restaurant last year. He said that corporate had been a little hesitant when he first proposed it but that last year's numbers really backed up the concept and made corporate a believer and that they are looking at trying to take the concept and create similar places at more of the CF parks.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
Chef was by yesterday checking on how guests liked their meals. I told him how much I loved the restaurant last year. He said that corporate had been a little hesitant when he first proposed it but that last year's numbers really backed up the concept and made corporate a believer and that they are looking at trying to take the concept and create similar places at more of the CF parks.
I just hope they don't introduce something amazing and subsequently ruin it like they did with Mac Bowl.

Nov 30, 2018
This is where having your corporate office away from your customer base causes misunderstanding of what customers want. There's a lot of money in DC/VA and they tend to like better and healthier food options than the OH/MI crowd.

Mar 16, 2016
This is where having your corporate office away from your customer base causes misunderstanding of what customers want. There's a lot of money in DC/VA and they tend to like better and healthier food options than the OH/MI crowd.
Could be that. I’d lean more towards the speed of service. For just about any food service it’s about the speed at which you can get people through lines and clear the tables. Fried foods/sandwiches/burgers are quick and easy to get out, meaning high turnover, which means making more money.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I just hope they don't introduce something amazing and subsequently ruin it like they did with Mac Bowl.

It doesn't sound like it he said that it was one of the best locations in the whole chain as far as numbers. He said that they had him actively talking to other parks about the model that he us using and how to recreate it.

I think from what he was saying that it was more of the this is what theme park food has always looked like chain of thought.

Could be that. I’d lean more towards the speed of service. For just about any food service it’s about the speed at which you can get people through lines and clear the tables. Fried foods/sandwiches/burgers are quick and easy to get out, meaning high turnover, which means making more money.

I have been very impressed with the rapid speed of service and that is from someone who does this for a living.

I tried the crispy pork today and got it fresh. Holy crap that was great. I used to get the chicken there never again and I will be going more often! Stopping there with that and a Tumbili beer from that bar was a great way to kick off a quick KD visit today.

(Are there any threads where the best KD food is discussed? Want to maximize my meal plan value before I assume these go away).

Sep 29, 2009
I haven’t tried all of the food that’s new for 2022, but the crispy hoisin pork at Grain and Grill is my favorite dish in the park. It hardly tastes like something I’d expect to get in a theme park. Both the texture and flavor are exciting and very tasty.

The other thing that I love at G&G, is the Hanover tomato salad. I know the dish sounds boring, but it’s probably the best tomato salad I’ve ever had. Every time I’ve had it I think to myself: “This is what fresh tastes like.” Lol

While there are some minor things I wish they would fix (like the quality of the hummus), I love this restaurant and what it could mean for the future of the park’s food.

Nov 30, 2018
I tried the crispy pork today and got it fresh. Holy crap that was great. I used to get the chicken there never again and I will be going more often! Stopping there with that and a Tumbili beer from that bar was a great way to kick off a quick KD visit today.

(Are there any threads where the best KD food is discussed? Want to maximize my meal plan value before I assume these go away).
The chicken ends up a little dry as they are using breast meat which tends to dry while sitting. The pork, steak, and shrimps come out much better in that serving environment.

From my tastings I would put the pork either second or third on the menu with the steak at the top of the rankings.

Reactions: Mushroom

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Pork was what I had last year, and both flavor and portion size did not disappoint.

My issue was that as soon as I sat down outside, my table was swarmed by yellow jackets making it difficult to enjoy. Hopefully they've picked up some trap bag things to stick nearby this year.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Throwing in my two cents to also suggest trying the quinoa salad. It's so fresh and flavorful and just miles away from anything I would expect to try at a theme park. Easily my favorite side at G&G.

By the way, make sure you try all of the restaurant's complimentary sauces. Everything except the tzatziki is completely made from scratch in the G&G kitchen. My favorite pairings are the chimichurri and steak, olive tapenade and naan, and (if you want to be a little unconventional) the sriracha aioli and adobo noodles.

Dec 7, 2021
So I had this for lunch today, and it was so good!!!!!!! I haven’t had food this good in a park for quite some time, that isn’t a snack. Picture of what I had today included below. I ended up with the Beef Sirloin with Mac and cheese as my side. Got bread included for free, so that was nice. Steak was nice and moist, which I absolutely love. Mac and cheese was perfect for me, not too cheesy and perfectly cooked. Naan bread was AMAZING.

Attachments

• 3FED99A6-31FA-420B-B150-5362DEDB624D.jpeg
    3FED99A6-31FA-420B-B150-5362DEDB624D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad