Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I noticed recently that neither the Elephant Insider nor the Tiger and Orangutan Insider tour is currently listed on the BGT website.  Does anyone know, if they are gone for good, or if this is just temporary?  

It is possible that with the construction on-going the keepers decided to limit the animals' interaction with the public. Since they are both private tours, however, maybe the park simply wasn't selling enough tickets; thought the close interaction was too much for the animals and keepers; or simply found the tours to be cost-ineffective.

In any case, does anyone know, if they will or might be back in the future?  I loved both tours.

Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
Just to update - The Elephant Insider, Elephant Keeper Experience and the Tiger & Orangutan Keeper Experience are no longer being offered at the park. I asked around, but wasn't given any specific details as to why these tours are no longer offered.

I feel the elephant tours may have been phased out due to the introduction of Spike to the herd and the upcoming refurbishment/expansion to the habitat, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
As long as I can meet Bill the Tampa with the rest of his Giraffe herd on the Giraffe tour when I am next there!

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad