Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
BGW wins " Most Beautiful Park" and Cutback Water Coaster wins "Best New Waterpark Ride”.

Eh, Phoenix is one of my favorite coasters overall, so I don't agree that it isn't deserving. The buzz bars are great, in fact, both for the sake of the plentiful floater airtime, and operations. Knoebels is my favorite amusement park, so I may be biased.

Feels like every year I mellow out more to these awards.

People take them way too seriously especially when the entire industry just shows up in a random place for 2 days to celebrate the fact that they survived the summer.

Reactions: BGWnut
My problem is (and I've looked into it), their way of voting. Basically it's easy for one area to "stuff" the ballot box for one ride/park. Basically right now Phoenix and BGW win their awards off reputation than people actually going to them. If people bothered to go to Erie PA, they would see that Ravine Flyer II is a much better coaster.

My problem is (and I've looked into it), their way of voting. Basically it's easy for one area to "stuff" the ballot box for one ride/park. Basically right now Phoenix and BGW win their awards off reputation than people actually going to them. If people bothered to go to Erie PA, they would see that Ravine Flyer II is a much better coaster.

I haven't ridden Ravine Flyer II but it has been on my list. Quite a bit farther drive for me. Over 6 hours. So not sure when I'll get there. But, yeah, I've read many times that it's great and I want to ride it. I can't really judge a best of list because I just haven't ridden THAT many coasters. But The Phoenix is definitely high on my list of ones I've ridden. Probably #1. I love it.

I haven't ridden Ravine Flyer II but it has been on my list. Quite a bit farther drive for me. Over 6 hours. So not sure when I'll get there. But, yeah, I've read many times that it's great and I want to ride it. I can't really judge a best of list because I just haven't ridden THAT many coasters. But The Phoenix is definitely high on my list of ones I've ridden. Probably #1. I love it.

RFII is worth it. If Knobles is a easy trip for you I’m guess you are close to where I was. String a few day trip:
Altoona for Leap the Dips (oldest operating coaster)
Pittsburgh for Kennywood
Erie for RFII
Lake Darien
Close at Knobles

That was my yearly trip.

RFII is worth it. If Knobles is a easy trip for you I’m guess you are close to where I was. String a few day trip:
Altoona for Leap the Dips (oldest operating coaster)
Pittsburgh for Kennywood
Erie for RFII
Lake Darien
Close at Knobles

That was my yearly trip.

Knoebels is about half as far. I don't usually day trip that, though. We usually get a hotel or camp. I'll get to Waldameer at some point. 6 hour drives are rough for me these days, but yeah, if I make it an extended trip and do a string of parks that'd work and be awesome.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad