Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
1,617
582
250
Let me begin by saying this is just a rumor, but it comes from a really good source. Apparently John Reilly will be headed out to San Diego to work at SeaWorld. Don't know when, but since the move is known, it's possible that it could be happening prior to BGW's 2011 season.

I think Mr. Reilly has done a fairly good job overseeing the park during the transition that took place over the past few years. Hopefully the next GM is as friendly and approachable as Mr. Reilly has been.

If the rumor is true, then I definitely wish him luck in San Diego.
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,839
45,983
260
Virginia
That was sudden. :shocked:

Anyway, he has done a great job with the park and seems to really enjoy his job. If this rumor is true I wonder who will be stepping into his place...
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
YAY, Howl-O-Scream may get it's budget back! Hopefully they'll bring in someone who will help aid the park in it's upcoming transformation...

Think this has anything to do with how "kidsiderate" the park has been lately?
 
Nov 14, 2009
1,542
1,198
250
Williamsburg, VA
Youhow2 said:
Think this has anything to do with how "kidsiderate" the park has been lately?

Ever been to San Diego? I think this has more to do with him wanting to live there.

BTW, I know you have alot of problems with Howl-O-Scream, but dude, the park reached capacity on the third Saturday before Holloween. I'm gonna go ahead and call it a success.
 
Sep 28, 2009
1,411
2,875
250
Virginia
I will personally miss John. Every time I saw him in the park, he smiled and said hello. Not only that, but I if I was walking around and happened to run into him, he would stop and give folks directions, pick up trash, and even give a warning or two to a few rowdy teens. I always say that a good boss leads by example, and I am going to miss him.

My vote, I hope for his successor would be Mr. Mark Pauls. Mark is a guy who really listens to the public and tries hard to be a great leader. Every instance I have either heard from Mark, he has been extremely helpful. Every time I hear various employees speak of him, it has been in the most positive light. I hope Mark gets the promotion. He loves the park, has years of experience in Ops and would really put the park and the guests as his number one priority.

I wish John all the best and send him well wishes in his next step in life. In the meantime, let us hope Mark will now take the lead and move the park forward in quality.
 
Apr 21, 2010
2,544
2,820
250
i would have to agree with nora. there isnt anyone more qualified for this job than mark
 
Aug 27, 2010
1,112
774
250
Shafor said:
Youhow2 said:
Think this has anything to do with how "kidsiderate" the park has been lately?

Ever been to San Diego? I think this has more to do with him wanting to live there.

BTW, I know you have alot of problems with Howl-O-Scream, but dude, the park reached capacity on the third Saturday before Holloween. I'm gonna go ahead and call it a success.


KD has also been reaching capacity (or atleast extremely near it) from what I have been hearing. It may have to do with the fact that more Americans have been starting to celebrate halloween and visit haunted attractions, Close to home tourism is at an all time high and in times where people normally take vacations they are staying closer to home and doing local stuff, and on this half of the states amusement and theme park attendance has been going up everywhere this year, Cedar Fair, IOA, Busch, and


Also I lived in San Diego for most of my childhood, got to go back last year. it's amazing compared to here... BUT, I think they may want to take the park in a new direction. he was probably moved here just to "Sustain" it during the transition. Now that it should be mostly fixed up by now, Im sure they are gonna replace him with someone they can trust bringing the park to manifest it's destiny...
 
Sep 11, 2010
114
222
120
Hampton Roads
Generally the Park Presidents are told where they are going next...not a choice. Williamsburg area is John's hometown. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has been moving a lot of people around lately. Dan Brown, who was GM two GM's ago is the Chief Operating Officer of the SeaWorld Brands, Donnie Mills, John's predecessor is the Chief Operating Officer of the Busch Gardens/Sesame Brands. Now John heads to San Diego.
 
Aug 9, 2010
137
107
120
Nora said:
My vote, I hope for his successor would be Mr. Mark Pauls. Mark is a guy who really listens to the public and tries hard to be a great leader. Every instance I have either heard from Mark, he has been extremely helpful. Every time I hear various employees speak of him, it has been in the most positive light. I hope Mark gets the promotion. He loves the park, has years of experience in Ops and would really put the park and the guests as his number one priority.

So how do you feel about the promotion of Carl Lum? I have only been to BGW twice so i don't know any of them, just wondering if the insiders think Lum will do a good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad