Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've read on other enthusiast sites that she got herself into the predicament in the first place. My understanding was she either pushed herself under the restraint for one reason or another or that rough housing with her co-passenger resulted in her sliding under the restraint.

ScreamScape.com said:
Now that the sensationalism over the incident has started to wear off, clearer heads are stepping forward and local law enforcement agencies are wanting to know, just as I did, exactly what was that teenage girl doing on the Sky Ride to slip down in her seat like that, which caused her to fall out. Unfortunately, the family of the girl has already brought in a lawyer and are refusing the make the girl available to be interviewed by law enforcement about the incident.

As quoted in this updated news article:

“The family is not making her available for an interview,” said Warren County sheriff’s Lt. Steve Stockdale on Tuesday. “Human error is being investigated as a possible cause. When I can’t talk to the victim, I’m left to draw my own conclusions.”

They also confirmed that it was her brother who was riding next to her at the time, but unfortunately the family “haven’t been cooperating with the investigation”.

So I think this points even further to my suspicions. If you aren't going to cooperate, you probably have something to hide.

Shane said:
So I think this points even further to my suspicions. If you aren't going to cooperate, you probably have something to hide.

I completely disagree.
Because I know that you don't offer info on principal unless your lawyer tells you to, I would, in their shoes keep my mouth shut. It has nothing to do with guilt.

Evidence and verifiable data prove disposition, deciding not to speak publicly or offer up information that was not legally required is just good judgement.

First let me say, I hope I did not come off as rude, after re-reading what I posted I noticed that it could have read that way.

I suspect that counsel told them not to overshare. This would have been the prudent thing to do. In this situation there is quiet a lot to consider not the least being the court of public opinion. Something we can see is already in full force.

Please note I am not taking sides, I just think without any legit evidence we do not have enough data to make a case. This reminds me of the lady and McDonald's. You remember she hurt herself with some hot coffee and got like 10 million dollars? Oh wait, not that isn't what actually happened, that was the spin and what people remembered. What happened was she got boiling coffee, 3rd degree burns, and only asked for medical bills to be paid.

Reactions: tigercoaster
Yep, you are totally right. I'll admit that I definitely let my observances of the public and their tendency to do really dumb shit (especially at amusement parks for some reason) color my opinion on the matter.

Reactions: ElsaManta and Zimmy
on a personal note. I believe if we could harness the power of stupid people, we could end, for all time, the energy crises. So it would not surprise me in the least to find out that the girl was doing things she should not have been doing. Frankly however, we also know that there have been cases where parks have been negligent, and lets be honest 6F is not known for a stellar maintenance regime. But, cards on the table, I have a knee jerk reaction to assume the worst when it comes to them, hence why I say, "no opinion without confirmed data and evidence."

Well, my opinion is nothing of merit in this case, but I suspected she was horsing around/trying to defeat the restraint the minute the story first broke. But that's my cynicism talking, I guess.

I didn't see any mention it was her dad who caught her, just concerned parkgoer(s), but I didn't follow the coverage after the first day.

I worry this kind of incident will hasten the death of sky rides, which I love. Though this was the chair kind, I believe, not the bucket kind like BGW has.

Still, ski lifts operate with no restraints at all and hardly any falls, so hopefully this type of ride is not completely doomed.

Reactions: ElsaManta
I believe you are correct that it was a, "good Samaritan," not her father. I think that was my error.

Here is an excerpt from the latest update on this ongoing story:

Police say a teen girl’s actions—not a mechanical malfunction—caused her to slip under a bar on a Six Flags ride before falling into the outstretched arms of bystanders 20 feet below.
Read the full article here.

Additionally reports indicate that the sky-ride has re-opened to the public.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad