Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Not only does it look rough (near-flat turns at high speeds?!) but the layout just simply looks bland. I think it's time to call in help.

*shines a RMC logo up to the sky*

Reactions: Unagi
Zachary said:
Not only does it look rough (near-flat turns at high speeds?!) but the layout just simply looks bland. I think it's time to call in help.

The layout is very bland and uninteresting!!!

You can't really see it but the condition of the ride is horrendous. It looks like it could fall apart. The wood itself is deteriorated in a lot of places and it's splintered practically everywhere.

For those of you that complain about Hurler or Grizzly at KD, Ghostrider makes those two feel like Apollo's Chariot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5ux0ehXyA
Here's a video from the ride's opening day for comparison.

Its a shame Knotts can't maintain this thing. I hear it used to be a top 10 wooden coaster when it first opened. RMC should definitely come in and do their magic to bring the ride back to the way it used to be.

Judging by the POV, the ride still has the crazy speed it used to have, but it just shakes you to death.

Reactions: Youhow2
netdvn said:
Judging by the POV, the ride still has the crazy speed it used to have, but it just shakes you to death.

Shaking wasn't the only issue I had. When I rode it there were also severe potholes at the bottom of each drops after the first hill, the two before the mid-course brakes and the three after that. It felt like my lower spine was gonna split in half. I wish there was a chiropractor at the exit to give me an exam!

Here are some photo updates from January of Ghostrider's rehab. It's looking good. GCI replaced a ton of wood on the structure, and with their Millennium Flyers running on there, it will run a lot smoother than the PTCs.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154006085699095.1073741830.23030364094&type=3

Reactions: Nicole
Connor said:
This doesn't really surprise me as 2016 hasn't really been the year for on time openings, but Ghostrider has been delayed.
The Orange County Register

That's no surprise at all. If you would've seen this coaster up close and the horrible condition it was in you'd understand why this rehab is taking a while.

Ghostrider's new Millennium Flyers are loaded and ready to go.

[tweet=https://twitter.com/knotts/status/732617584030318592]

Reactions: Nicole
WOW! What a drastic improvement. I'm glad they're now running Millennium Flyers and no longer comes to an almost complete stop on the mid-course brakes. Kudos to GCI for this rehab and refurb!

Reactions: wombat96 and Nicole
Bumping this 8 year old thread to say this ride is incredible. Glass smooth, packed with airtime and laterals, and absolutely hauls until the very end. Feels especially crazy at night flying through the over-engineered structure. Easy top 10 for me.

RMC should definitely come in and do their magic to bring the ride back to the way it used to be.
For shame.

Hard ride to photograph though.

ZCZ_8572.jpg ZCZ_8583.jpg
ZCZ_8587.jpg
ZCZ_8501-2.jpg ZCZ_8560_1_2.jpg

Yeah, Ghostrider is easily one of the top wooden coasters I’ve been on. Hauls so much ass and really doesn’t slow down. Even with how fast it is I never felt it was really rough at all either.

Yeah, Ghostrider is easily one of the top wooden coasters I’ve been on. Hauls so much ass and really doesn’t slow down. Even with how fast it is I never felt it was really rough at all either.
Seconded. It’s second behind only boulder dash in my wooden coaster ranks, and there’s a lot of good ones in there

Can confirm GhostRider was one of my favorite rides from my CA trip. Just an exhilarating smooth rush. Word of caution if you have long arms, I had a clearance issue in the back half with one section close to the helix. I like it more than Boulder Dash but Boulder has the intensity and setting argument 100%. I want to ride GhostRider again…..stupid thousands of miles.

Reactions: DECoasterGuy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad