Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
It sounds like the testing that they did with the trains went well and there will be another station added in Germany along with the 2012 coaster or in 2013.

Anyone want to confirm?

EDIT: This is in the rumors section for a reason- take it with a grain of salt. It's just what I'm hearing.

Sep 29, 2010
RE: New Germany Train Station

ha the blue train barely makes it up the hill.....the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....the red train spun for a solid 8 seconds last weekend....

unless they level out that section of the track

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia

Maybe that's what they have planned. I wasn't sure about the tests (hence the "it sounds like"), but I assumed that they had to of gone well for them to consider it. I guess leveling could be a possibility.

Apr 29, 2011
They really need one back there. It's the one major hamlet in the park that lacks a train stop. Giving park visitors train access in and out of that area would be great for business.

Apr 21, 2010
Unagi said:
They really need one back there. It's the one major hamlet in the park that lacks a train stop. Giving park visitors train access in and out of that area would be great for business.

While yes that is the case, the spot they were stopping at is a decent distance from the main path. I feel like I could walk to New France in the time I would spend walking to the back of FP

Jul 13, 2011
Orlando, FL

ivybrit said:
the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....

Unlikely; Der Hochbeinege and Balmoral Castle have bigger drivers on the engine as they were custom built; chances are, Alpen Express wouldn't even fare as 'well' as they did...

Unagi said:

True, but at least Rhinefeld has a skyride stop...

Reactions: Coasterguy154
Jul 22, 2010

ivybrit said:
ha the blue train barely makes it up the hill.....the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....the red train spun for a solid 8 seconds last weekend....

unless they level out that section of the track

That do I find odd. Blue and green were purpose built for the terrain and BGW. Neither of them have ever really had any problems back there unless completely loaded and dead stopped. Alpie however has been known to spin when completely loaded while going up and also when having to start on the back stretch.

There is a whole discussion on the trains in another thread somewhere.

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
If they do actually add this station, would they be able to run an extra train if they felt the need? This would help on really busy days and get people off pathways.

Apr 29, 2011

Haberdasher1973 said:
True, but at least Rhinefeld has a skyride stop...

The Skyride has crappy capacity and is down quite a bit. A train stop back there would be better and more efficient to transit passengers in and out that section of the park.

Jul 22, 2010
ktmdavid229 said:
If they do actually add this station, would they be able to run an extra train if they felt the need? This would help on really busy days and get people off pathways.

They run all three as it is now. If you are wondering of they will buy another locomotive then I would say that is not likely but you never know. I wouldn't rule anything out.

Jan 24, 2011
I seem to see Green running a lot. And it's definitely the runt of the litter. If red and blue had some spin, I can only imagine what green would do. I will harbor doubt until there is groundbreaking or plans uncovered, etc.

Jul 22, 2010
PayneTrain said:
I seem to see Green running a lot. And it's definitely the runt of the litter. If red and blue had some spin, I can only imagine what green would do. I will harbor doubt until there is groundbreaking or plans uncovered, etc.

Ask the engineer's about some of the stories of Green spinning. It is definitely something.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Ok, I posted this rumor because I heard that we can expect to see a new station in 2013 along with a few additional changes to Oktoberfest (probably the Festhaus changes that Lance has talked about on Screamscape). This was months and months ago and was never posted. Fast-forward to the last time I was at the park. Someone who I've seen working the trains for years now came out and said that there was a new station being added soon after the 2012 coaster. This, along with the rumors of stress-testing being done on the trains, and what that anonymous source told me months ago fit together too perfectly to ignore.

Reactions: Coasterguy154

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
The original source said 2013. The person who mentioned it at the park said something to the effect of "after the new coaster".

Jul 22, 2010
Swiftman said:
The original source said 2013. The person who mentioned it at the park said something to the effect of "after the new coaster".

That would make sense to help alleviate the bottleneck we have been discussing.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad