Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
We also have a walk around band playing music! They have made stops in Rhinefield and Octoberfest that I have seen today! Apologies for the photo quality... lense got a touch dirty. Park atmosphere is at its highest point in years! 3943A0A4-6953-48FF-AFD3-D8F07C55B991.jpeg
(Putting this in this thread since it has to do with the new random acts)

Mar 16, 2016
I think it's something BGW should do more of. They have plenty of spots to do something where the roaming characters can stop and do something extended. This makes the park more engaging and run without having to go into a theater to see something or without having to force the time for a show into the day.

And honestly one of my favorite parts of HP is the roaming bands and singers and little stuff like that. Gives so any unexpected moments to a day.

Oct 7, 2011
A personal top 10 80s-90s era BGW memory: walking through Oktoberfest when the oompah band randomly busted out from around some corner and marched past. Then walking to Italy and encountering the wisecracking unicycle juggling guy who suddenly appeared in San Marco for a few minutes.

And there were memories like that from more recent times too, to be fair (toooo beeee faaaaiiirrr), like the Illuminights acrobats in Italy. Walk over from Pompeii and suddenly there's a cool little open-air show to behold. There was a schedule for that show, but to me it was just a great surprise to run into.

Something about those moments added a ton of fun to the day. Really happy they're back.

VB06Hokie

Mostly wit & sarcasm, but contributes occasionally
Silver Donor
Feb 3, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
A personal top 10 80s-90s era BGW memory: walking through Oktoberfest when the oompah band randomly busted out from around some corner and marched past. Then walking to Italy and encountering the wisecracking unicycle juggling guy who suddenly appeared in San Marco for a few minutes.

And there were memories like that from more recent times too, to be fair (toooo beeee faaaaiiirrr), like the Illuminights acrobats in Italy. Walk over from Pompeii and suddenly there's a cool little open-air show to behold. There was a schedule for that show, but to me it was just a great surprise to run into.

Something about those moments added a ton of fun to the day. Really happy they're back.
to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I assume this is the same cast as the Oom-Pah Band show in Das Festhaus, yeah? Does anyone know if their outdoor performances are taking place immediate before/after their Festhaus show? I know This is Oktoberfest operated like that some years.

I ask primarily because if it's part of the Oom-Pah Band show, I'm going to merge this (newly created) thread into the thread for the main show.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad