Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Cedar Point to get new B&M for 2013

Another bobsled lost. :( It'll be interesting to see what B&M can do though.

Yeah, Disaster Transport was a really different one, too. The indoor darkness combined with the bobsled feel were an interesting combination.

I feel the same way about bobsleds as I do about old arrows and 1970s architecture. Tear it down, build something better. They being said I have so far not enjoyed my experience with wing riders. Too forceless...maybe cedar can fix that. Also, could the green wing rider track at the Ohio plant be for this project? But two green coasters at the front of the park? Hmmm...

And for the record I do love disaster transport :)

There is green track for China yes, but also green track for a wing rider with a different job number. Check screamscape. Driving through Washington state now

I am pretty sure they are getting a wing coaster and the said coaster is suppose to have a similar theme to Levithan at Canada's Wonderland, this information came from Screamscape. I want to go to the Announcement if they have a big one in the park :)

gk1.png

Say hello to Gate Keeper...

I have to say, that's an absolutely fantastic layout. Well done B&M. Well done.

They should have made it a dueling coaster. One with "The Gatekeeper" the other with "The Keymaster".

(not sure anybody in here is old enough to get that joke)

Zachary said:
I have to say, that's an absolutely fantastic layout. Well done B&M. Well done.

Agreed completely, amazing layout. I haven't had the chance to ride a wingrider yet. Wonder how it will compare thrill-wise to the others...

PzP said:
They should have made it a dueling coaster. One with "The Gatekeeper" the other with "The Keymaster".

(not sure anybody in here is old enough to get that joke)

And it would be awesome to have Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver at media day! :p

RE: Project 2013: GateKeeper

It looks bloody amazing.

Before riding Swarm, my opinion of Dollywood's wing rider was that "well it's just a regular boring sit down layout, wtf..." and then after riding Swarm, I realised that the riding position actually does change the game quite a bit. Swarm's corkscrew has the most bizarre forces. So after that I was then interested in Wild Eagle.

But this. This magnificent thing. This incorporates all the good things that only a wing rider can do AND provides a long regular sit down layout.

Also, the name and the concept, amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of Cedar Point, sides Maverick... Which is the best coaster in the world, but this looks like it might be damn awesome too. They are getting another ride which isn't just dull looking. Amazing. Seems they learnt from Maverick then.

HAJiME said:
I'm not a huge fan of Cedar Point, sides Maverick... Which is the best coaster in the world, but this looks like it might be damn awesome too. They are getting another ride which isn't just dull looking. Amazing. Seems they learnt from Maverick then.

They learned that rides don't have to break world records in order to be good, that's why this looks so interesting.

This is exactly the direction in which parks need to go. Longer track and a great mixture of elements. I think I will need to make a trip once this opens.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad