Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So how many of us knew somebody died on Galaxi? I sure didn't... it's like the spot Shockwave is in is cursed or something.
10330255_415748908565866_7789391626317553605_n.jpg

Image courtesy of KD Golden Years.

^^^ We should E-mail that idea to the park. They would take it into consideration, and it would wipe the Paramount-esque, generic name, no theming feel off of it.

Connor said:
All they would have to do is paint the supports red and some minor things.

Not only that but they should get rid of that Paramount looking Kings Dominion logo on the trains, that would make me happy. XP

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
Now here's something I never thought I'd see. An on-ride POV of Galaxie! This looks to have been shot on either 8mm or Super 8 film since the year the first consumer video camera was released, 1983, was also the year Galaxie was removed. The quality of this POV is low, which has more to do with the film-to-video transfer and the low YouTube bitrate than because of the original film's quality, but it's still pretty amazing to see this.

Jonquil said:
^ In that film, you can also see the many, many, many steel elements upon which you could smash your head if you wiggled free of the restraint and leaned out of the car at the wrong moment.

Actually, there were no restraints on this ride. No lap bar or OTSR. Back then the park relied on common sense to keep accidents from happening.

Course, common sense went out the door over 20 years ago. That is why you have to be an anorexic, pygmy to fit in the 48 restraints and it takes 10-15 minutes to dispatch a train or start a ride cycle because of the restraint checking. I won't be surprised if Cedar Fair puts seat belts on the toilets in the restrooms in 2015. Just listen for the screaming to start as the bathroom attendant stops by each stall to check your seatbelt. o_O

All rants aside, I just don't think trying to change Ricochet to the Galaxy is really necessary. They are two similar rides from two different manufacturers. "Galaxy" is just a generic manufacturer name for this ride. Sort of like "Enterprise" is the generic ride name for the Apple Turnover.

So how many of us knew somebody died on Galaxi? I sure didn't... it's like the spot Shockwave is in is cursed or something.
10330255_415748908565866_7789391626317553605_n.jpg

Image courtesy of KD Golden Years.

How did the incident even occur? Is there any information on it?

I remember reading somewhere that the former Myrtle Beach Pavilion park actually got the Galaxie sometime after KD removed it in the 80s.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad