Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
With a lot of these new rumors being rolled out. A big kicker of possibly being open year round has brought the future of season pass features/pricing into the conversation.
How will the future Resort play into this?
What about the the "upcharge" for Christmas Town and (rumored internal discussion) Howl-O-Scream?
It's safe to say their will be changes, just a matter of how and when.

Discuss?

Are we even sure that they are moving to year round operation? I live 1.5-2 hours to the northwest of the park, in rural Spotsylvania County, and the number of times I go each year is anywhere from 4-8 times (be it a week long vacation, or a day trip). Opening year round wouldn't really change that.

AoenOne said:
With a lot of these new rumors being rolled out. A big kicker of possibly being open year round has brought the future of season pass features/pricing into the conversation.

BG Europe Fan said:
Are we even sure that they are moving to year round operation? I live 1.5-2 hours to the northwest of the park, in rural Spotsylvania County, and the number of times I go each year is anywhere from 4-8 times (be it a week long vacation, or a day trip). Opening year round wouldn't really change that.

It is being discussed very heavily (of course everything is still rumored). Look back at PartyRockers post about the parks future plans. They are moving the park into being able to support year round operation.

You opened this thread after I had posted it over in the HOS Rumour thread. I just cut/pasted it from there.

That being said, opening year round is something that I don't see them doing.

Everything points at a year round operation.

As far as pass value, a pass is worth it to me since I go by myself a lot. As much sense as it would be for HoS to go pay (business wise), I would prefer them charging for CT, or at least give pass members one or two free admissions to each event.

I could see them opening year round if a resort goes in. What would the point of the resort be for ~3 months with no park to go to? Williamsburg is a big tourist area, but I dont see the resort making much without it being year round. Not that the resort would make much between January and February, but I still think if a resort goes in, there will be a big chance of year round operation.

michaelcollier1 said:
I could see them opening year round if a resort goes in. What would the point of the resort be for ~3 months with no park to go to? Williamsburg is a big tourist area, but I dont see the resort making much without it being year round. Not that the resort would make much between January and February, but I still think if a resort goes in, there will be a big chance of year round operation.

This is the main idea. Why build a Resort when it's just going to sit for a few months out of the year... The rumored dark ride additions also point in the same direction.

Do I believe year round operation is going to happen? Yes.
DO I believe it will be successful? If their marketing department pulls another Verbolten, then NO.
If they can advertise properly and build this up the right way, it can work out great. The area has plenty of other "attractions" that i'm sure would enjoy more traffic during the current "off seasons".

I would love for it to be open year round.. Have the shows still, even do more of historical side of Europe during the off season, being able to learn cultures, food, music ETC of each country, they could even bring back the street actors playing roles from each country like they use to do.

JordanFord said:
I would love for it to be open year round.. Have the shows still, even do more of historical side of Europe during the off season, being able to learn cultures, food, music ETC of each country, they could even bring back the street actors playing roles from each country like they use to do.
I will love it too. But, what we need to remember that some rides like coasters can't be run with temps below 40 degrees. So, the only thing that would be running is some of the flats and anything that is indoors. Another thing to remember is that the rides need maintenance, which is done in the winter months.

Frontseatbill said:
I will love it too. But, what we need to remember that some rides like coasters can't be run with temps below 40 degrees. So, the only thing that would be running is some of the flats and anything that is indoors. Another thing to remember is that the rides need maintenance, which is done in the winter months.

That's why the plans have 3 new dark rides going in. That would give 5 (including what they have now if they aren't removed). SO there would be ride options. Now, I still don't understand why anyone would want to ride a roller coaster during the winter... I rode Griffon during winter once and will never do it again. It's just not enjoyable.

Also, there are plenty of parks open year round that manage maintenance just fine. That's not really an issue per-say...

^I don't think maintnance would be an issue. Florida parks do it. And yes, the year round parks have more maintnance people, but I don't think it would be that hard for them to adapt to it. Attendance would obviously be lower than regular season, so they can still do what the need to do.

Edit: AoenOne beat me to it...

The park is for sure heading to year round operation, with a more than likely resort being added, a few new dark rides, it just makes sense and points to it.

As far as this concerns pass holders, I would say pricing will change to match Tampa's style of pricing. Not necessarily the same prices but a similar style. For example, Howl-o-Scream will be charged, no doubt about it, it will come and Christmas Town will be added to the pass. Things like that. As far as actual pricing goes, I think we can expect to see a significant increase as far as passes go.

Party Rocker said:
The park is for sure heading to year round operation, with a more than likely resort being added, a few new dark rides, it just makes sense and points to it. Plus, a friend in the entertainment department told me, they are trying to make the park a "fly to destination". Meaning, they are trying to be big as big can get.

As far as this concerns pass holders, I would say pricing will change to match Tampa's style of pricing. Not necessarily the same prices but a similar style. For example, Howl-o-Scream will be charged, no doubt about it, it will come and Christmas Town will be added to the pass. Things like that. As far as actual pricing goes, I think we can expect to see a significant increase as far as passes go.

Be careful throwing statements like that around... It's a very touchy subject. :p

I know, I am just being realistic, after all the event is o popular every Saturday they practically hit capacity plus Fridays are starting to pick up too. They are loosing out on the big $$$. Business-wise, it only makes sense to start charging for HoS, plus if they plan to open year round and/or include CT to the pass, you know pricing is going to go crazy all over the place.

Brace yourself for tons of pricing complaints!

Party Rocker said:
The park is for sure heading to year round operation, with a more than likely resort being added, a few new dark rides, it just makes sense and points to it.

Now you are just spewing nonsense. Tampa's pricing is Tampa's pricing because of Disney and Universal, not year round operation. Quit making me lol.

The season passes for BGT and BGW are the same price already, $119. A two year pass is actually more for BGW than BGT ($189 for BGW, $169 for BGT). There would be no change in the price of the season passes other than increases that would be made year to year anyways.

I think there will be the Summer Fun Card, Fall Fun Card & Winter Fun Card. HOS will become an upcharge event and CTown will be included with the season pass or Winter Fun Card.

Chris, that does sound very likely. A fun card for each season, then adding Christmas Town and taking away Howl-o-Scream from the pass. Then some re-pricing of the passes.

Atlantis, I will say I thought BGT had a different way of pricing concerning year-round operation mainly because I forgot all about the other parks it is near. So I take back what I said and stick to my most recent statement above. EXCEPT for when I said brace yourselves for complaints.

:DI haven't been on for a while and reading a lot of intersting things. I've seen the park move towards a more year round atmosphere, but I don't see that there will be any sugnificant changes to the passes other than the usual yearly updates. With this in mind if I might add this is a plus to being on ezpay. I'm still paying the samething every month that I have been paying for almost 3yrs, and I've been told by park management that unless big changes come it will always be the same unless I cancel and get new ones.

I would say, pass prices really wouldn't change that much other than to balance out the costs for adding Christmas Town and subtracting Howl-o-Scream which looks to be pretty likely to happen, and then adding to a more year-round pass price.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad