Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 22, 2019
Looking at the weather for Friday, it’s in the 40s, but the windchill barely gets above 40 most the day. Would they even open the coasters in those temps.

They MIGHT get a window from 4-7. But depends on if the sun stays out.

Reactions: Zachary
Oct 14, 2019
Coming from Ohio! Thinking about making the trek to the park Saturday (and KD sun)! What should I expect crowd wise? I want to get a few rides in all the coasters. Def not opposed to the quick queue or whatever its called. Also, have all the coasters been up and running like normal the past few days? Thanks!

Last edited:

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
I don’t think(?) this is the proper thread for this, but expect the park to be very busy. Quick Queue unlimited is already sold out for the day, Little River Band is playing that night, and it will be partly cloudy in the mid 80’s for most of the day.

Everything should be open with the exception being Griffon. Nobody really knows the status of it at the moment. If it’s open then it’s a bonus ride for you, just be aware it’s been closed for the past week and a half. Roman Rapids and the Sky Buckets have not opened yet for the year.

InvadR first thing in the morning, followed by Bolt (grab a few rides), then Tempesto is my best recommendation. After that, you’re left with the higher capacity coasters that should be able to eat lines up fairly quickly even on a busier day so you’ll be fine to go at your own pace. If crowds get pretty rough and you need a break, check out Celtic Fyre sometime in the afternoon at 2, 4, 6, or 8.

Come in with the mindset that it’s going to be busy and try to make the most of it. You’ll have a good time. Please report back with how your visit went!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Admin Note: I moved the previous two posts.

Coming from Ohio! Thinking about making the trek to the park Saturday (and KD sun)! What should I expect crowd wise? I want to get a few rides in all the coasters. Def not opposed to the quick queue or whatever its called. Also, have all the coasters been up and running like normal the past few days? Thanks!

Look for an answer to your KD question here:
Post in thread 'Future Crowd Levels'
https://parkfans.net/threads/future-crowd-levels.5611/post-253943

Last edited:

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
A friend shared this picture from yesterday Alpie out of the queue and down pasted the bridge they reported a 3 and h a lf hour wait for Alpie and said that there were similar lines are every coast with grover even being more the a half hour. I would suggest that Saturdays are not the day to consider going.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1626020023955.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626020023955.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63
Jul 14, 2019
A friend shared this picture from yesterday Alpie out of the queue and down pasted the bridge they reported a 3 and h a lf hour wait for Alpie and said that there were similar lines are every coast with grover even being more the a half hour. I would suggest that Saturdays are not the day to consider going.
There is no way in hell I would wait that long for any ride at BGW

Jul 5, 2017
How are Friday afternoon/evening crowds? I'm planning to head down 64 this afternoon to get some night rides and watch Spark and Celtic Fyre.

Apr 29, 2011
A friend shared this picture from yesterday Alpie out of the queue and down pasted the bridge they reported a 3 and h a lf hour wait for Alpie

One time during opening year I waited for Alp past the bridge from under the Immelman and waited only 80 minutes when they were saying it was going to be at least a three hour wait. The ride-ops were super efficient at moving all the trains in and out of the station that day. I normally wouldn't have waited that long for it but my cousins were visiting from Germany and they wanted to ride it - and yes, they thought the name "Alpengeist" was hilarious!

Last edited:

K8theGr8

The Big Bad Wolf Removal generation
Sep 29, 2011
VA
What have mid-week crowds been like?
I've heard the travel industry is booming this summer, since everyone is making up for their lost vacations last year. Is BGW more crowded than usual summer weekdays?
We went this year, but it was before the summer, and before they had opened all the rides back up.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Nibbins

Resident Rat
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I have been out on Thursdays and Wednesdays and it was a lot busier than I expected.

I think last time I went they were running Loch Ness with only 1 train and Invader with just 2 operators, which definitely did not help to keep the lines moving.

Reactions: RKRCC
Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
Agree. This time of year I only go during the week. If you arrive at the park by 9:30 so you are in the gates by 9:45, you should have the run of the park until about 12. After 12 the crowds fill in pretty quickly and the lack of staffing is very noticeable.

Last edited:
Login or Register to Hide This Ad