Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
ScreamScape is reporting that Dollywood has put out two different guest surveys to gauge interest in several possible future attractions that they claim would be part of Phase 2 of the park's soon to open new land, Wildwood Grove.

Initially a survey was put out last week to measure guest interest in a future roller coaster which presented guests with three coaster options including a highly themed indoor dark-coaster, a large B&M Hyper Coaster, and what could end up being a sister coaster to Silver Dollar City's Time Traveler, a spinning coaster.

Then this week another round of survey's went out that instead focused directly on indoor attractions such as an interactive dark ride in the same vein as the Justice League rides at SixFlags. It would include a mix of physical animatronics, multimedia, and a light blaster gun. The park also presents guest with a Soarin' Style ride system and finally a much more simple walk-through style attraction that appears to be heavily influenced by Islands of Adventure's Poseidon's Fury attraction.

Along with the the indoor attraction survey options the park even presented some potential story ideas. The concepts are specifically labeled for an Interactive Darkride which could mean that the park is leaning in this direction, but this could be nothing as I am sure that they could in some way adapt the story concepts to the flying theater, walk-through attraction, or even the indoor coaster.

Quick little side note: I was amused that Dollywood decided to use an image of Verbolten for their indoor coaster concept.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I can see them choosing the order of adding all of these attractions based on how receptive people are of them in the surveys. There were talks of both a spinning coaster and a hyper coaster prior to the Wildwood Grove announcement, and all of these rides are types of rides Dollyland can add with little interference in their existing lineup.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
These are definitely all rides that I'd love to see at Dollywood. I also wouldn't mind seeing some of those at BGW. Maybe a nice indoor coaster in DK or preferably a new dark ride in that building

Jan 22, 2018
I'm most amused that Flying Aces is depicted as an indoor coaster concept; It's an Intamin over 200ft tall with the only indoor section being the station. Wonder what the idea was behind that.

The one thing I felt Dollywood was missing was a dark ride so its nice to see some concepts being floated around.

Isn't blazing fury a dark ride, a slow, laborious and boring dark ride now that the water feature has been removed for quite a few seasons now.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Personally I’d love to see the soarin’ style ride. Has some great potential with their smoky mountain terrain. For coasters I’d like to see the MACK extreme spinner the most closely followed by the hyper. A walk through would also complement everything else nicely

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad