Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I really should go get that credit sometime considering I lived there for 5 years. The Visa spinners have a 243 pound weight limit very specifically for some reason. Anyone think Fun Land could throw up a euro fighter some day?

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Since then they have added a 3 story go kart track, and XD theatre, a roller coaster, ropes course, rock climbing wall, new batting cages, a bar, full service restaurant, a flipping pendulum ride this year, a drop tower next year and how much more? Quite a bit of small stuff

Aug 7, 2022
Since then they have added a 3 story go kart track, and XD theatre, a roller coaster, ropes course, rock climbing wall, new batting cages, a bar, full service restaurant, a flipping pendulum ride this year, a drop tower next year and how much more? Quite a bit of small stuff
There's a drop tower coming next year??

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
I didn't realize this, but according to this article- they called off the drop tower project due to rising costs. The park worked with the county to get the plans approved which took 3 years to do- by time it was approved, the project would cost too much. Attached is an image of what it would look like. It would have been a drop tower/ slingshot combo tower.
Funland Drop Tower.jpg

Sidenote: This subsection of the forum should be renamed to Fun Land of Fredericksburg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022
I’ll give them another shot thanks for the information.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
It’s a really solid FEC

I just wanted to second this. I've been to my fair share of FECs due to my shameful habit of credit whoring all over the country and I can say with confidence that Fun Land of Fredericksburg is easily one of the best FECs I've ever encountered. Clean, modern, visually appealing—don't know what more you could ask for really. Plus, it offers a lot of attractions that are actually pretty hard to find elsewhere. I'm not the demographic to frequent an FEC, but if there was one that was worth the occasional repeat visit, it probably is this one.

PS: My first experience with the place was over five years ago too—and the incredible selection of improvements that have been made since then are sorta mind boggling.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad