Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA

Here's a current job posting. Anybody have any clue?

Waiter / Waitress

The Wait Staff is responsible for greeting and serving guests in our full service restaurant.

Primary responsibilities:
Provide service to guests to include: greeting guests, explaining menu options, taking orders, upselling menu items, serving alcoholic beverages, reconciling guest tickets
Organizing seating arrangements and reservations
Clean, restock, and prepare dining room to include side stations, pantry service area, lobbies, and tables
Maintain clean and safe work environment according to SEA standards
Ensure SEA quality standards in food quality, guest service, and facility integrity
Communicate effectively with fellow team members and supervisors
Other duties as assigned

Candidates with the following qualifications will be considered:
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Outgoing, personable, and enjoy servicing guests
Serve Safe Food Handling and Alcohol certification preferred
At least two years of full service restaurant service experience preferred

Park Name: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Type: Seasonal
Pay Rate Starting At: $2.13 / hour plus tips

RE: Full Service Restaurant?

I would go out on a limb and guess it could be the servers for those who bought the VIP buffet for the concerts, but that seems too temporary. Unless they turned the Bistro into a full service restaurant. They did move the shade covers from Griffon's queue line to the Bistro patio.

Hmm, very interesting. Bistro is pretty small, but it could be there. Maybe they're planning on building or converting something else? If it's true, I'm all for it. I'd love to have a nice sit-down meal I didn't have to carry anywhere. :)

Sounds like Bistro to me, but a full sit down would be welcomed by me as long as it was a true resturaunt. Converting a show to a resturaunt dosent count and niether does converting a counter service buffet into one. Either do the real thing or dont fake it.

I actually had thought how the park could take their major restaurants and turn them all into sit down restaurants. I think it would make the park seem more high class that it already is. Also, maybe it could be the Festhaus?? They did move the stage, and that would be the perfect place for a sit down restaurant. I don't think crowds would be a problem since during Christmas Town they were able to get guests to form a line on the side of the building to enter, with the exception of those who were just right by the door and stepped out for a quick second.

Having sit down restaurants or restaurant isn't going make it the park seem more high class that it already is. It's going to give the guests another option other than leaving the park for another one outside the park.

Hershey as sit down restaurant on the outside of main gate (first building on the left hand side before you enter the park) for guests to eat in.

Also, maybe it could be the Festhaus?? They did move the stage, and that would be the perfect place for a sit down restaurant.
I also agree that Festhaus will make a good place, since building is big enough to have a sit down restaurant and see a show too.

Feshaus will never work. Too many people just come in to watch the show and people don't want to pay restaurant prices. Besides, people Like to do it themselves. There will be no restaurant in the Festhaus

Maybe they are turning dine with Elmo and Celtic dine into a full service restaurant instead of the buffet

cpt Awesome said:
Maybe they are turning dine with Elmo and Celtic dine into a full service restaurant instead of the buffet

That was my first thought too. But I don't know how you could hire basically tips only positions for that. It's only 2-3 hours a day.

It terms of converting an existing restaurant into table service, I think you'd have to rule out Squire's, Festhaus, Italy, and Trappers. They have the longest established cafeteria lines, plus the seating is too spread out and not connected directly to the kitchen area. It seems like too big of a hurdle for servers to have to navigate through that much foot traffic to get to the tables. (maybe someone knows of a set up like that at another park?)

That would leave the Bistro, Grogan's Grille, and La Cucina as the most likely candidates IMO. The don't hold that many people in their existing lines and the seating is unobstructed from the kitchen area. Another possibility would be doing something full time in Castle O' Sullivan.

Also, Swiftman has an extensive Barbie collection.

The Celtic area makes more since to me for adult full service restaurant when you really think about it.

Shafor said:
cpt Awesome said:

That was my first thought too. But I don't know how you could hire basically tips only positions for that. It's only 2-3 hours a day.

It terms of converting an existing restaurant into table service, I think you'd have to rule out Squire's, Festhaus, Italy, and Trappers. They have the longest established cafeteria lines, plus the seating is too spread out and not connected directly to the kitchen area. It seems like too big of a hurdle for servers to have to navigate through that much foot traffic to get to the tables. (maybe someone knows of a set up like that at another park?)

That would leave the Bistro, Grogan's Grille, and La Cucina as the most likely candidates IMO. The don't hold that many people in their existing lines and the seating is unobstructed from the kitchen area. Another possibility would be doing something full time in Castle O' Sullivan.

Also, Swiftman has an extensive Barbie collection.

When Busch had their last try at a full service restaurant (where bistro is now) the servers were not allowed to accept tips, and worked only for hourly wage.

^^The job posting says $2 an hour PLUS tips. That is crap pay plus whatever you make for yourself. That is actually WAY below minimum wage, but since they can keep tips then they can probably get around that. But honestly, I think out of Shafor's options, I say Bistro. La Cucina is still a buffet from what I have been told. Plus Bistro is not listed on the website, perhaps they will add it as a full service restaurant. Grogan's Grille wouldn't be it because the only seating is out side and on rainy days it just wouldn't be worth it. As for Castle O'Sullivan, they are still doing the Dine with's in there and the Celtic Dine. I highly doubt they will try to fit in both. I am sure Bistro is the one they are converting. After all, like I said, they are adding shading to the patio, it is not listed on the website as a dinning option, and it has the perfect set-up to become a full service restaurant.

every waiting job you have...in the real world is - 3$ an hour plus tips....crap pay...maybe, but tips make up for it

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser

But still, you expect to make a killing off of tips in a park where no other employee is allowed tips and people hardly ever try to tip? There won't be a lot of tips unless there is a sign saying they can get tips.

If this is in the Bistro, maybe they will go the French style of tipping, where a tip is already added to the bill and if the waiter was good you leave alittle extra. [/sarcasm]

That sounds possible, but still I don't think people will just generally leave tips because there hasn't been a person there that you could tip before. Since that sounds so probable, I won't deny that it could happen, but I still support my original statement. The general public needs some kind of notice that tipping is encouraged here highly.

They don't seem to have a problem with it at Islands of Adventure's table service restaurants- people were tipping just as you'd expect them to. I'm pretty sure that if they make it feel like a table service restaurant, people will tip without a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad