Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Ultimately, this is simply personal preference. I'm almost always an advocate of the front row, as the views of the coaster are thrilling to me, and of more importance than the forces. I know many riders will prefer the last row, as the forces tend to be more intense. Hell—on Loch Ness Monster I prefer car 5 for the most comfortable ride!

I don't know that you'll find any definitive answers here.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
General rule of thumb in my opinion is most launches are better towards the front most gravity fed ones are better at back but there are exceptions to both.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Dec 7, 2021
As stated above, It really does depend on the type of ride you’re riding. For most rides at bgw I prefer the back, but only Tempesto and Alpie I prefer in the front. Alpengeist is fun no matter what row. But in the front you see those near misses with the tunnels and such and it’s so much better. Tempesto is only because of those comfort collars (plus the ejector going into the heart line roll).

Reactions: AlpenChariot
Mar 16, 2016
Benefits to front: Unobstructed views. Good sense of speed. I feel anticipation is better.

Benefits to back: Speed feels faster. Better pops of air time. Short waits.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
As stated above, It really does depend on the type of ride you’re riding. For most rides at bgw I prefer the back, but only Tempesto and Alpie I prefer in the front. Alpengeist is fun no matter what row. But in the front you see those near misses with the tunnels and such and it’s so much better. Tempesto is only because of those comfort collars (plus the ejector going into the heart line roll).
I am a big front row fan on Verbolten the first launch and hill are a lot better at tge front but the Rhine drop is better at the back so I guess it's a trade off on where you want the better experience.

Furyous Baco 325

Riddle Me This?
Feb 26, 2022
My BGW preferences:
InvadR: back
Verbolten: front
Loch Ness: back
Apollo: back
Griffon: back
Alpie: front
Tempesto: back
Pantheon: have only ridden back car so idk

Apr 22, 2019
Superman Ride of Steel at SFA is a front row ride in spite of what you might think. The airtime is better and you get the wind in your face which makes it feel even faster. At least when it is riding like it usually does. Yesterday it seemed the opposite was better.

I like Wild One best in the 2nd row. A lot of wooden coasters I prefer toward the front, but it varies. Phoenix is also better toward the front.

i305 I prefer toward the middle and that's probably the only coaster like that for me. It's just that g's on that first turn feel higher in the front and the back and it's borderline too much for me. lol. And really other than the higher g's in that turn, the middle is just as good as anywhere else on that ride as the main draw for me is the speed and the rapid transitions, which are the same in the middle.

El Toro is back row all day every day. Don't even think about it. Just get in the last row. Or next to last if the line for last is too long.

Skyrush is last row. The thing hurts and it hurts worse in that row, but it's just such a crazy experience and you have to sit there and deal with it. lol.

Reactions: AlpenChariot

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
General rule of thumb in my opinion is most launches are better towards the front most gravity fed ones are better at back but there are exceptions to both.
My 2 favorite launch coasters, helix and VC are amazing in the back. airtime is insane.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I forgot till recently but Coaster Talk recently discussed this website that is in Beta testing for seat rankings on rides.

EdK

Feb 26, 2021
Mostly I prefer the back with the exception of Alpie and occasionally ride Griffon in the front. Haven ridden Pantheon a number of times in the front and back, I actually prefer the front. From the front I really like the rollback, the great views and you get some good air time. My one complaint about riding in the back is that the curve going into the spike pulls a fair number of G's. I wish they had smoothed it out a little.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad