Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
SeaWorld is offering free admission to travelers affected by Thomas Cook shutting down. So the company that Thomas Cook decided to no longer book travel to is still around and helping the people that were abandoned by them shutting down.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
All joking aside it's really an unfortunate situation. From some reports there are approximately 150,000 people stranded on vacation with now way home because Thomas Cook collapsed. That doesn't even include the people who had already booked vacations and now won't be going on them. Granted there are some protections that will help people get their money back but it's a terrible situation.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Companies go down with a crash. A little over a year ago, a bridal chain closed down and no one could get their dresses. Thankfully, my wife did not order through them, but there were a lot of (rightly so) bridezillas.

Reactions: Zachary and BGWnut

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Companies go down with a crash. A little over a year ago, a bridal chain closed down and no one could get their dresses. Thankfully, my wife did not order through them, but there were a lot of (rightly so) bridezillas.

Trust me as someone who works in finance I completely agree. Sometimes collapses happen and they just shut down without much warning. But normally there are a lot of signs that the company is in trouble and in danger of shutting down. There were a lot of signs that Thomas Cook was struggling mightily over the past year.

Reactions: musicman3204
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad