Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I don't have pictures ready to upload at the moment but the park made some pretty noticeable changes to the Wild Reserve side of France. Lets get this out of the way first: Those doors are flat-out awful. Rip them off the hinges immediately.

That's exactly what Alpen said. They cheapen the look of the whole hamlet with their prominent location.

How can you even call this a renovation? They didn't 'renovate' Aquitaine, they tarnished it.

While the sundial took away a crucial part of Escape from Pompeii's theming and story it, at least, actually looked nice. These doors hit you in the face like a ton of bricks when you walk into France both because of how prominent they are how shockingly jarring they look against the rest of the architecture in the hamlet.

destroyer421 said:
I would just like to point out that you guys are throwing a fit over some doors.

Your on a site of enthusiasts who are going to critique the park more than the average guest. Of course we are going to show our dislike over ugly doors that don't fit in.

Ben said:
I honestly don't care about the doors considering they will probably be open most of the time...

I would agree with you however, if I'm not mistaking, the left ones lead to an employee area and will thus, never be open.

Reactions: Thomas
The windows on the doors reflect the shape of St. Michael's wings in the foreground. To me the doors resemble what might be on a large church or cathedral...again, connect to St. Michael the Archangel kicking Satan's tail into hell. :)

Reactions: chickenking
Jackpot...for those of you themepark enthusiasts that we are who criticize everything they do (as I read on a previous post)...In doing a bit of google researching-

The Basilica of St. Michael is located in the city of Bordeaux in the Aquitaine region of France.

A Basilica is a Catholic Church of significant importance.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad