Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Today is the fourth anniversary of the ParkFans Forum or as it was called four years ago, BGWFans Forum!

Thank you Chris, Zachary, Nora, Cedarva, and many many more for getting together to talk about the Big Bad Wolf! If you were here back in the day drop us a line here or quote one of your memorable throw back posts! If you weren't here back then and want to just say thank you to our founders that is welcome too.

Aug 27, 2010
Wow, Time flies when you are having fun.

I'd like to thank you all for taking up the forum mantle for when BGE fell... You'd be surprised how many people I meet IRL who actually read this site. It's a larger part of the community than some people may ever realize.

Reactions: Julia and Zachary
Aug 25, 2012
Today it is Four years ago YESTERDAY! :p

I don't know what I would be doing with ALL of my free time without this place? And how I would live without knowing the inside scoope of BGW/KD/BGT! THANK YOU SSSSOOOO MUCH!! :D

Mar 30, 2010
I remember I kept trying to register on the BG Escape forums, but they closed it down because they couldn't handle spam bots and the like. Found this place instead. I think Chris posted a few times over there with the link to BGWfans.

Thanks a lot Chris! And thanks Zach for taking over when Chris had to step back! :p

Reactions: Zachary

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
We have a massive list of things to get done before we could even think about expanding. To be quite honest though, I'm fairly happy with where we are now. The rest of FL is an extremely saturated market- the only reason BGTFans exists is because BGT was being largely ignored by the Orlando-based sites, BGT was a park we thought deserved attention and, because we were already all-in on their sister park. KDFans is around because of KD's proximity to BGW and the fact that BGWFans has shown that there is a massive concentration of enthusiasts in the state that clearly wasn't being tapped into on the Doswell side of things.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I think you meant "tapped into well enough" but I need to avoid insulting other fansites even if they are pretty bad :p

I wonder what park will be covered next, I honestly do.

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
I haven't been around here since day one, but it's been about 3 years or so...
And for everyone that used (or tried) to use my apps in the early days know how far everything has come...

Glad to be here with the site. It's been great watching everything improve over the years.

Dec 23, 2011
I will say it has been a pretty rough and interesting ride these past few years. I remember the day when I first started lurking near the very beginning of the site. I still remember the evolution of the site. It isn't easy running forums, and I applaud all who helped along the way. You guys did an amazing job.

Sep 7, 2012
I generally prefer to listen rather than speak, but I've nonetheless been enjoying what this site has to offer since early 2012. There's been amazing progress since then, and I recognize the capability it takes to successfully moderate an internet forum as well as establish a strong and active community. Thanks for all the hard work! ^_^

Sep 29, 2009
I know I don't post as frequently as some others, but I remember when it was just a blog called CBJPages, which was started by the site's original founder, Chris. As soon as BGWFans was born, I knew I would be here to stay. Yes, we've had issues with some of the park's decisions, but I know deep down that people who visit this site will always love BGW, and the other parks. I am very hopeful for the future of this site, as a big community of ParkFans. I hope we continue to branch out, add new features, and maybe revive the podcast or photo gallery in the near future!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad