Forum Software Bug Reports

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 22, 2019
I'm not sure where to post this because I don't think it's a bug, rather a feature, but it certainly bugs me, so maybe this is the place! :)

When viewing the What's New tab, it only lists one page of posts and then there's a "VIEW MORE..." link. So I click that and it shows the same set of posts, but now I'm back at the top and i have to scroll to the bottom to see the, now showing, page numbers and then I have to click to go to the next page. Why doesn't it A) have the page numbers without having to click "VIEW MORE..." or B) if you want to have it that way for some reason, then why doesn't it immediately take me to the top of page 2 instead of my having to scroll to the bottom and click page 2?

Reactions: Joe

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
Along similar lines, would it be possible to remove the default “Unread” filter from the “New Posts” tab? That filter is automatically toggled, so as a result, the “New Posts” page displays the exact same results as the “What’s New” page. It’s not a big inconvenience to remove the filter, but for somebody who’s not as familiar with the forum tools, I think removing this default setting would make the two pages less redundant, if it’s possible.

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
In case you were wondering, yes there was (and sorta still is) a slow down in the site's responsiveness. BGWFans latest article had an overwhelming response and seriously overloaded our server to a point I haven't seen before. This graph shows it nicely:

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 20.43.38.png

That's 5 times more than the server should be able to handle. I'll continue to monitor the situation, and it should resolve itself over the next few hours. In the mean time, I ask that you please be patient.

Feb 3, 2019
On the plus side (at least from a server load perspective) it's sounding more and more like there won't be much of a #pantheonwatch if it's opening on/around opening day on April..

Starting to see official park ads that say spring too even.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad