Forum Software Bug Reports

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
So are we safe again? Chrome & Firefox came up saying the forums were not secure. I misread and thought it said the forums were insecure... And I thought "well, for some people..."

Reactions: mwe bgw

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Yes, our previous SSL certificate had expired and when I had upgraded our backend I had forgot to reenable SSL auto renewal. It wasn’t that the site was insecure, it’s just that your browser couldn’t establish a secure connection to the site.

Reactions: belsaas and Zachary
Feb 3, 2019
Who needs SSL anyway... It's not like people ever reuse passwords on forums for their bank accounts or anything serious, right?

... Oh yeah, I forgot

But surely people don't reuse password that are already known to be cracked in other security breaches, right?

... Oh yeah, That too

• Haha
Reactions: BGWnut and Zachary
Apr 5, 2011
Have a amazing deal for my friends of this site for male enhancement pills. Confident and ships directly through your home.

Just PM me a picture of your credit card and the three numbers on the back and they will arrive on 6-8 weeks.

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
The issue of redirecting to the beginning of a thread instead of the first unread post in that thread seems to be happening more and more frequently. As an example, I got redirected to the beginning of the Tempesto thread this morning, even though the last post I read in that thread was posted on July 20, 2019.

Reactions: belsaas and Zimmy
Feb 14, 2019
It's been happening to me sporadically - I typically use my phone (Android), if that helps.

On a related note I'm more consistently (not always) being sent to a post higher on the page than what I last viewed, forcing me to scroll down. This seems to be more common when the next few posts down contain media content.

Reactions: Joe

lce

in the end i just want you to be happy
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
This is a regular occurrence for me. So much so, that it has gotten to the point where there are only 3 or 4 threads I even bother opening now.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
This is a regular occurrence for me. So much so, that it has gotten to the point where there are only 3 or 4 threads I even bother opening now.
This. I skip over basically anything that's not a news thread because it's too much of a hassle to try to find the spot where I left off.

Appreciate the help, Gavin!

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Just a small update, don't want you all to cause an uproar...🙃

Over the next week I'll be making some major changes to our infrastructure that should hopefully resolve most, if not all, of our issues. There maybe some downtime associated with these changes, which I will announce in advance if possible.

As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if there are any issues that you may come across.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad