Random thought on this....I know we have user names, can have a little thing under there...and this might be more a AP discussion, but what about a spot that constantly shows that you put your 'area of expertise' or what your degree is or something like that.
Like I'll volunteer that mine can say "Golf Pro/Urban Planner"
I do not think that is necessary, as I'm a huge advocate against the "argument of authority", and I feel that feature would breed the "oh you're just a golf expert you don't know what you're taking about" type arguments.
In theory it's a great idea, but people will misuse it.
Little to do with what?
I think you are being a little narrow minded. The whole family doesn’t have to go golfing (or attend a pga event). The entire family doesn’t have to go to an amusement park. The point is Williamsburg offers something for everyone which makes it attractive for families to visit. That includes golf and amusement parks.
Anyone can be obtusely ignorant if they want, if that’s how you want to be that’s up to you. 🤷
If it doesn’t break the rules I guess you will just have to get over it. 🤷I am moving this here, so I don’t derail a thread that has gotten itself back on track.
This post is worded in a such a way that it doesn’t technically break our rules. It is rude enough, however, that it has been reported. I can see no value to anyone (other than to presumably amuse the poster) in saying these nakedly aggressive things, completely unprompted. I will once again ask that people keep their comments polite. This kind of post serves no purpose and completely yanks discussions off-topic. Please stop.
Hey man, I know you're having a riot. It's pretty cathartic to be a jerk to people you disagree with; but we're all here to talk about a hobby. No point in trying to share a hobby with people and then constantly trying to piss them off.Or maybe you can use that thing where, instead of just calling out blatant stupidity, instead you jump through a lot hoops, PM a member of the secret police, get them to bring it up during a Illuminatiesque meeting where the chosen ones do a circle jerk debating what should and shouldn’t be changed.
Up to you 👍
What I object to is the stupid rules and games. Now if you would like to continue with these stupid rules then when they don’t work out don’t blame me. I’m an ass only when someone is dumb. For instance, I don’t disagree that perhaps the reason the PGA got into Williamsburg has nothing to do with busch gardens. I do disagree (and consider it a dumb unsupported foolish argument) that there isHey man, I know you're having a riot. It's pretty cathartic to be a jerk to people you disagree with; but we're all here to talk about a hobby. No point in trying to share a hobby with people and then constantly trying to piss them off.
You're totally allowed to say whatever isn't against the rules. These posts are just a kind way to say that you're being an ass, it's noted, and you're degrading how everyone sees you. Regardless if you're for team squares or team circles, trying to drive a wedge in a friendly social group isn't welcome.
That's all that's being said. Everyone here is perfectly able to be a jerk, but don't think that you won't be seen as a jerk for doing so.
I am confused, I will admit, about why you continue to come back to a place with what you consider "stupid rules and games." You have the ability to request changes, but you don't. Maybe there are better places in the internet for you to spend your time.
You asked me to request changes. I did. What more do you want. Shall I lick your boot?So, "fuck" any process that isn't structured in the way you would have designed it? Your loss, I guess.
Please try to be civil in the future. The constant rudeness is tiresome.
You may have seen that user Michael Zell who frequently pops up in Facebook and YouTube comments. Every time he does, he shoots down any person's optimism that Kings Dominion is going in the right direction. He's said things such as:
Now, I don't have anything against this guy, nor do I want to bring this thread off topic, encourage attacks on him or want to bring negativity into this discussion. The bottom line is, how does he know ANY of this information? Evidence? Does he work for the park or the company? If not, I don't even know what to say.
- The B&M Wing coaster (proposal) for Volcano's land was never going to happen and was just "fanboy speculation."
- There was no contract between BGW and KD over B&M.
- *Back when Tumbili was a rumor* If the free spin happens, he is done with KD.
- Kings Dominion is the "red-headed stepchild" of Cedar Fair as they keep investing in waterpark and "kiddie land" expansions and not what guests want (yeah didn't we get Windseeker, Hurricane Heights, Delirium, and Twisted Timbers?)
- As KD keeps "slipping behind" BGW, CF is viewing the low attendance as an excuse to not invest more in the park.
- A substantial Volcano replacement is never going to happen because CF views KD as a "lost cause" and is going down the route of Six Flags America.
- In fact, he claims that the Volcano land will be used as some "archaeological dig site" attraction/play area judging by the rubble from Volcano's demolition left behind (are you f**king kidding me).
- And to top ALL OF IT OFF - he describes KDFans (and possibly ParkFans as a whole) as an unreliable source of information, claiming it's just a fan site run by teenagers who keep playing guessing games as to what type of attraction is going in a spot and have "no idea what they're talking about."
If you're going to imply an insult to a deceased person on the forum civility thread, at least be specific.